1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my name is michael i own a silver brabus it was just recently
worked on at a bodyshop and it has since had a slight whistle noise
when im going about 45-60 ive had it at the shop again 4 times and they still
cannot figure out what is the problem... does anyone have any ideas? any help would be grrestly appreciated thanx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it got a new bumper and reinforcement mainly light front end work .. i also took their work to get re-evaluated by my insurance who said everything checked out.. but im not crazy lol the car did not whistle before... any ideas?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a bit of whistle on my vehicle since I switched body panels, but I could swear it is from the doors. Will go back and take the mirrors off and make sure weather insulation is in the correct place. Other than that not sure how you could hear whistling in the car from the front end (I would assume your windows are not open).

When I first heard it I thought the car just wanted to whistle along to some music so I turned on my ipod - problem solved, I can't hear it any more. :)

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Well, I still don't know what was fixed, but I'll play anyway. :) How's the antenna? I know a number of folks have had whistles at higher speeds from them, particularly from the extendable stubby ones.

·
Registered
107 Posts
well actually I hear a whistle too at about the same speed. It usually comes from the passenger side, and I think it comes from the roof area. But im not sure if its the wind through the mirrors. I thought maybe its just a smart characteristic and that since the roof is made of glass there must be some space that catches air. I hear it all the time at 50 and above. If anyone knows the reasoning or if I should get it checked please let me know.

in essence it sounds like wind getting caught at high speeds and doesnt know where to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well actually I hear a whistle too at about the same speed. It usually comes from the passenger side, and I think it comes from the roof area. But im not sure if its the wind through the mirrors. I thought maybe its just a smart characteristic and that since the roof is made of glass there must be some space that catches air. I hear it all the time at 50 and above. If anyone knows the reasoning or if I should get it checked please let me know.

in essence it sounds like wind getting caught at high speeds and doesnt know where to go.
yes thats exactly it ... only problem is that i drove it without mirrors still whistle... and conv. top down still whistle.. im coming up on warranty so i would appreciate ny insight

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sister car, a 2015 Smart ForTwo, has the same problem since last week.
A whistle sounds from the front of the car when it exceeds 30-40km/h.
I was searching for some sheets, or unglued rubber seals in the ventilation system...
But nothing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts