Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd review the specs for my 2001 Prius and compare them to the Smart's. Here's the comparison:

Smart
Length 106.1"
Width 61.3"
Height 60.7"

Prius
Length 169.6"
Width 66.7"
Height 57.6"

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not here, I am trying to figure out how to oooch up my Volvo wagon far enough to fit the Smart behind it! If both kids have to go anywhere, out comes the wagon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The plan for my 28' deep 3 bay garage is to park the Corvette and the smart nose to tail. ( or I could sell the rest of the cars and fit smarts three deep and six wide for a fleet of 18 LOL)

·
Banned
936 Posts
what was happening about 3 years ago. no talk about turbos and tech stuff. just discussing how many smarts might fit in your garage. :p

ahhhh, the good old days......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I have a 1.5 car garage. Three cars live in there, the Peugeot 404 Coupé project car and my two smarts. The 404 C kisses the end wall and the smarts have about 8 inches behind it and in front of the door.

The Mercedes lives outside in the elements. LOL

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
The red car was a visitor's - the third of the four Canada 1 BRABUS Tailor Made cars - my other smart is a stream green pulse cabrio.

·
Registered
89 Posts
did you say your getting rid of the prius for the smart?

if so you did so at the right time, the batteries in the prius are rated for 10 to 12 years or 100,000 miles or so, some will ofcorse live longer some shorter, my freind just had to replace his battery in his "classic prius" as he calles it, it cost him over 4 grand.

the only problem i see is with all the car companies, smart included making these battery run cars i fear lithium or whatever they use will skyrocket in price as news just confirmed china closed its lithium mine to the U.S and now we have reopened a mine here in california!

it will be an interesting time these next ten years.

shoot right now we are trying to get big rigs to reach 30mpg now that will be shocking!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts