Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try a few Plastidip ideas on my smart, wheels will be replaced later but it sure changes the look! :D
I sprayed the silver parts on the car in matte black, wheels are two tone, blaze orange lips/glossifier clear coat with matte black centers.
This was all done with rattle cans, I am sure a spray gun would leave a more uniform finish but it looks nice and it only took a few hours of work. Enjoy!:D

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Looks very nice.
When you touch the sprayed parts during the noon day sun isn't there a great deal of heat reflected?
How does the coating behave? How long would you guess it would hold up under various conditions such as heavy rain followed by strong sun exposure, etc. ?

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Looks great and for not a lot of dollars. I'll bet you spent a lot of time taping the wheels twice for the two colors and then removing the tape as well. However your time is free and you get a good feeling of accomplishment when done.
Well done!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heat isn't an issue imo, and I power wash the car every few days at the car wash, it seems to hold up nearly as good as rattle can paint. In a few months when I get bored I will change to a different color scheme for the wheels, most likely black and green or black and white. B-)

·
Super Moderator
17,549 Posts
I've been wanting to do a blaze blue ring on my wheel lips, but I'm not sure how to go about masking. How did you do it? Thing looks awesome!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts