Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2014 BoConcept a few weeks ago with only 28k miles on it. I’m obviously super happy! It’s in perfect condition!
Here are some of the things I have planned as I start making changes to it.
The BoConcept panels are matte white from the factory. I think I will wrap it in satin white pearl!
Once I begin the build, I will start posting videos on YouTube. I’m pretty excited for this!

142264869_10157813776502157_8656347153587755241_o.jpg

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,090 Posts
I installed an Atoto Mark 4 series in my Fortwo about 4 years ago. The Mark 4 is the predecessor to the A6. You can use a regular run of the mill camera for the backup cam. But it won't accept a generic front camera. It won't read it nor will it record video to the DVR. At least that was the case with mine. I ended up buying their brand front camera because they designed it to force us too. Also if you add the bluetooth buttons for your steering wheel to control the radio it too has to be Atoto specific and there is a difference between the ones for the Mark 4 as opposed to the A6. Lastly since I bought them out on all their accessories I also bought their DVD/CD player and added it as well. Their camera has really great resolution. The front cam records to the micro SD chip that you load in the front of the unit. It won't record to a USB pen drive. The Atoto is a great unit and mine works great with no problems. If you run a large pen drive on the USB like 128 or 256 Gb it really takes a while for it to read all the table of contents in before it starts playing Mp3's. So I only put a 64 Gb on mine. If unit happens to lock up on you and not respond to the touch screen you have to push the reset button which is in a tiny hole on the front.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Very nice! Sweet RV too. That would be my dream. Travel in an RV and have my Smart car with me to get around.
Gotta keep it in the family.... smart and sprinter go together. Tows like a dream and we get to hard some top-down-smart-fun while traveling. Looking forward to following this thread..

·
Registered
2014 Smart Fortwo BoConcept
16 Posts
Do you mind if I share some of my plans and upgrades here on your thread? I've questions and ideas but happy to start a different thread. I just got my new battery in today plus having fitment issues with weathertechs rear cargo liner as I didn't take velcro placement into consideration.

Thx!
Micki

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you mind if I share some of my plans and upgrades here on your thread? I've questions and ideas but happy to start a different thread. I just got my new battery in today plus having fitment issues with weathertechs rear cargo liner as I didn't take velcro placement into consideration.

Thx!
Micki
Please do share! I think we can all learn from each other that way!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm starting to post videos on my YouTube channel again. First video is a quick 360º of my BoConcept. As soon as winter breaks, my mods and installs will begin. New tires will be installed within 2 weeks. Then onto the stereo and speakers. Hope to start the wrap in May if it's warm enough, otherwise that will happen in June.
Here's the video link: Smart Fortwo BoConcept 360º

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice! Jelly as my youtube/video skills are sorely lacking. Looking forward to the speakers as one of mine is blown. Knew it when I bought it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice! Jelly as my youtube/video skills are sorely lacking. Looking forward to the speakers as one of mine is blown. Knew it when I bought it.
I replaced the speakers in my previous 451 models. It's a simple process. Can't wait to get a better stereo unit in also. It's going to be a fun project!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see you are in Ohio. Pennsylvania here. I know it may be a bit of a drive, but every year a bunch of smart car drivers get together to drive our cars around Watkins Glen International Raceway in New York State. An event is being planned again for this summer. Check our the Facebook page by searching "Smart Rally at the Glen". There are a lot of other people from Ohio that come to the event. They will also post on here once they have a date confirmed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's what I'm doing to mine at this moment.

New battery (XS Power), it needs it plus doing the tune up.
Just ordered Weather Tech molded mats, front and rear. My work yard is a mudpit this time of the year.
Going to order these shortly. They're yellow!! See a theme here?...........LOL

Dashmat
Yellow leather steering wheel cover
Remin yellow Exterior kit, I'll order the full dash interior kit once I get the radio upgraded.
Yellow valve stem covers, yellow lug nut covers, and yellow silicone license plate holders.
Vanity plates
I've got to start researching/looking into getting my rims either painted yellow OR powder coated.

I'll post pictures of the process as I go along. (I'm supposed to be replacing the water pump in my S10.) Grin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's what I did today. Put in new air filter. Good lord I had hell getting the old box out. Every one is different and I finally busted it in pieces. I thought to hold onto it but after 5hrs of fighting.

Here's the old one.

Sounds like a real putt putt now! Lol

Tune up!

Coilpaks looked and smelled pretty good. Just wiped them down real good.

Old and new. It was time. All looked like #1 here. No oil, not burnt, very pleased.

Went to valvoline for oil change. 0W40 if you're curious. It's only been couple thousand since dealer change but I'm going on roadtrip to see family.

I cleaned the motor well with a foam, washed and clay barred the exterior. Foamed the wheels, cleaned and polished the glass, vacuumed it out and sprayed some smell good inside. I also gave her some Lucas in the new oil and gas tank. She looks awesome, running very good. I'm happy with the progress I made today!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got back. 2100 mile round trip.
MPG gain is outstanding.
47.2 on way down!
52.8 on way back!
Premium 93 with a Lucas chaser every 3rd tank.
Those are the best. Running the AC today dropped it into the 41 range.
Takeoff and acceleration is outstanding with new air intake.
I'm so happy I'm giggling! Time to change the transmission over to some Lucas. Love that stuff!

Thought I'd share. Tuneup and alittle TLC.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts