Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to mention it this week, and now I can't access the article, but I believe I read last week in Automotive News (online) that the Penske group might be interested in importing Fiat to the states. I'll see if I can find the story again.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I (I mean google) found the following by "the Auto Slueth" at philly.com:

"Alfa Romeo cars will be as near as . . . your local Maserati dealer: Ready for some Italian style on these shores? Fiat executives have said that its Maserati dealers will relaunch Alfa Romeo in North America in 2009 or 2010. Fiat owns both brands. As well, Roger Penske, chief executive officer of Penske Automotive, said that he has had informal conversations with Fiat S.p.A. about becoming an independent distributor of Alfas. Penske Automotive is the U.S. distributor for Mercedes-Benz

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Penske-Fiat Article

Notwithstanding the Alfa Romeo/Fiat news, the following was contained in the Penske-Fiat article with the M-B news:

"Alternative-power versions of the Smart fortwo city car also could cross the Atlantic. A trial with 100 electric fortwo cars is under way in London, England. Roger Penske, chief executive officer of Penske Automotive Group, wants the experiment extended to the United States. His company is Smart

·
Registered
264 Posts
I always try to rent the FIAT Punto diesel in Italy- great car- probably the only car I'd take over Fortwo if we could buy it in the USA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts