Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very special thanks to Gary and Arrita (and the rest of the gang down at Fontana) for showing their kindness toward me and my wife Barb who did the nose dive over "the rock". She loves the wooden dragon . It means a lot to her , even though she didn't get to participate as much as she liked, she felt as though she was a member of the club anyway and made the best of what she could.
The end result of the "rock" is a fractured wrist and bruised up knee; she just needs to keep them both wrapped up for a few weeks.

:D "Thank You" from us to all you partners in crime, we had a blast!:D

Kevin and Barb

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok , story time..........................
We pulled into ,actually backed into , the cabin where we were staying. Its 10 pm and really dark, I got out of the car to open the cabin door, and Barb walked around the back of the car to get things out of it ......the only thing wrong with that is there is a large rock she did a header over landing on the ground and banging up her left knee and fracturing her wrist. We went to the nearest hospital (45 minutes away) at 4 am on Fri. She's all wrapped up in ace bandages and hurtin' big time. So she wasn't really able to do too much...(the Dr. gave her some real good "happy pills") She did do the run on the Dragon, though. So in honor of what Gary called "the first casualty they ever had in three years" she was given carved circular wooden Dragon plaque after the dinner at Deals Gap.

So you could say "the rock and the Rockette" or Barb got down with Nature

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Thanks for sharing Barb's misfortune, good the Doctor shared some of those "special" M&Ms. Does she remember the Dragon Run or is it an M&M induced blur?

Puts a whole new spin on ROCK AND ROLL, hope she is on the mend and bounces back soon.

Jet knows a really good attorney in Sri Lanka who'd be happy to sue the pants off that rock! Just call 1 888 SUE-ROCK, make sure you tell them that jet referred you so he can get his cut! :wink:

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
..for whatever reason the lawyers office had to move to a new local...now serving the entire world from our state of the art facility in Nigeria...from there we can fix all your claims needs including your not claimed money left to you by a long lost relative...wait for the e-mail with instructions in how to collect what's coming to you.

jetfuel...15% does the trick...

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MB, she remembers the ride....Putt putt almost did too on the inside. She was a little green in the gills which may have been from the special candy

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..for whatever reason the lawyers office had to move to a new local...now serving the entire world from our state of the art facility in Nigeria...from there we can fix all your claims needs including your not claimed money left to you by a long lost relative...wait for the e-mail with instructions in how to collect what's coming to you.

jetfuel...15% does the trick...
I understand there's new stock (as in live stock) options available. Jet makes cows nervous......................................:eek:

·
Banned
513 Posts
Thanks for sharing Barb's misfortune, good the Doctor shared some of those "special" M&Ms. Does she remember the Dragon Run or is it an M&M induced blur?

Puts a whole new spin on ROCK AND ROLL, hope she is on the mend and bounces back soon.

Jet knows a really good attorney in Sri Lanka who'd be happy to sue the pants off that rock! Just call 1 888 SUE-ROCK, make sure you tell them that jet referred you so he can get his cut! :wink:
No cuts. I just found out it's illegal almost everywhere for an attorney to pay a referral fee to anyone but another attorney. Go figger.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Great to meet you guys and have lunch with 50% of the riders in your car. :) So sorry about the rock. I had a small injury myself during dinner, got a cut on my finger when I got in a hurry - still stings but not deep enough for stitches.

+1 again for a thanks to Gary & Rita for a great setup.

·
He's not mine
9,605 Posts
I'd heard in passing that 'someone' had an encounter with a boulder and got hurt. I didn't know who, and didn't know it involved a fracture and a trip to the hospital. Very sorry to hear this. My best wishes to Barb in her recovery.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
No cuts. I just found out it's illegal almost everywhere for an attorney to pay a referral fee to anyone but another attorney. Go figger.
Illegal, pay and attorney (twice), can you use all those words in the same sentence? :D

Ken, I don't believe you have had the pleasure of meeting the well traveled jetfuel.

The man is a "jack of all trades" and somewhere in his bag of tricks and lengthy resume I am sure he is also a "mail order" attorney, probably in some foreign land. :wink:

·
Banned
513 Posts
Illegal, pay and attorney (twice), can you use all those words in the same sentence? :D

Ken, I don't believe you have had the pleasure of meeting the well traveled jetfuel.

The man is a "jack of all trades" and somewhere in his bag of tricks and lengthy resume I am sure he is also a "mail order" attorney, probably in some foreign land. :wink:
I actually have one year of law school, so I should be eligible for 1/3 of a normal referral fee. I should run for elective office....I would only screw things up 1/3 as bad as our current politicians.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Yeah, what a way to arrive! I enjoyed our visit the afternoon after the accident. Barb was feeling comfortable enough to still be able to crochet, We established that we both like Musicals, as I said to her, Duh! So the stereotypes still live on. Some of us can't help it, it is what it is. I recommended Connie and Carla, written by the writer of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It is a hoot.
The placque, in honor of the Dragon was a super nice Dragon, carved out of the middle of the circle of wood that it started as. Kevin said that it would most likely wind up in a place of honor on their trophy wall of the Moose, what they call their weekend get away. If you saw the car with the gold Dragons on it, Barb picked those out. She is quite the internet shopper. She is the one to blame for my Size Matters smart shirt that I wore the first day there.
Thanks for everything, Barb, and for hanging in there to the bitter end.
You are truly a Trooper!
Thanks for playing. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!
Rich

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, what a way to arrive! I enjoyed our visit the afternoon after the accident. Barb was feeling comfortable enough to still be able to crochet, We established that we both like Musicals, as I said to her, Duh! So the stereotypes still live on. Some of us can't help it, it is what it is. I recommended Connie and Carla, written by the writer of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It is a hoot.
The placque, in honor of the Dragon was a super nice Dragon, carved out of the middle of the circle of wood that it started as. Kevin said that it would most likely wind up in a place of honor on their trophy wall of the Moose, what they call their weekend get away. If you saw the car with the gold Dragons on it, Barb picked those out. She is quite the internet shopper. She is the one to blame for my Size Matters smart shirt that I wore the first day there.
Thanks for everything, Barb, and for hanging in there to the bitter end.
You are truly a Trooper!
Thanks for playing. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!
Rich
We enjoyed your company as well, but as I said "it is what it is'. :)
I think your'e right too, the plaque most likely will be up at the Moose.
She says thanks so much, you are a true sweetheart!
(Update------she's doing fine, moving around a bit better and if we do the Dragon next year, I ride it myself!)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great to meet you guys and have lunch with 50% of the riders in your car. :) So sorry about the rock. I had a small injury myself during dinner, got a cut on my finger when I got in a hurry - still stings but not deep enough for stitches.

+1 again for a thanks to Gary & Rita for a great setup.
It was great to finally meet you. I wouldn't feel sorry about the rock....it was just sittin' there minding it's own business.:)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
But it was Camouflaged and hiding in the dark next to a white car on a dark night, and for all we know..... IT MOVED! It is EVIL and IT MUST BE DESTROYED.
The last I heard, Barb is predicting the weather with great accuracy.
Barb is now known as a Hard Rocker, Rocky, and Rockette. Poor gal, such undeserved punishment.

I can't believe it! Even her own husband is taking sides with the rock! Now that is UN-smart.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But it was Camouflaged and hiding in the dark next to a white car on a dark night, and for all we know..... IT MOVED! It is EVIL and IT MUST BE DESTROYED.
The last I heard, Barb is predicting the weather with great accuracy.
Barb is now known as a Hard Rocker, Rocky, and Rockette. Poor gal, such undeserved punishment.

I can't believe it! Even her own husband is taking sides with the rock! Now that is UN-smart.
The rock is now known as "Killer rock" . Let's make up a new game .....
instead of rock-paper-scissors......let's call it "rock-wife-ground" followed up with "Early mornig wakeup--ride to hospital--xray-ace bandages.:eek:
(Thank goodness she's a good sport...otherwise I don't think I'd be able to type anything................):wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts