Smart Car of America Forum banner

Would you recognize it as a Smart Fortwo?

• Yes, I am familiar with it to know what it is

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No, I am not that familiar with it to know what it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe but it would take me awhile to figure it out

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I am too afraid of the dark to go in. :O

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The sound of the door closing when getting in would be a giveaway. For us owners is would be easy but for someone not familiar with the car it would be a surprise.
ps If they can't see...how do they get in the car?

·
17,345 Posts
In the "behind the scenes" video on the smart YouTube Channel, all of that is shown.

The people are put into the dark room (presumably from another dark room that leads outside) and get guided to the car by a person wearing night vision.

While the pods and speedo might be a dead giveaway to us, to those who probably have never even sat in a smart (especially in the dark), they probably wouldn't have any idea!

This is a good test of Psychology. Being able to see the car first allows you to form a bias before you even experience it. But, take away sight? Boom, different story! :)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I was just now at the store in my smartie, and as I walked out and got in, I heard this guy on the sidewalk say "OH MY GOD!!" I'm 6'3" and 300 lbs. I'm sure he was totally shocked by how easy it was for me to get inside my car. He couldn't stop staring!!! LOL Too funny!!! :)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
a video that eliminates preconceptions about the Smart

I dunno. In the smart, you sit close enough to your passenger that you know what they had for dinner last night. Even in the dark, there are a zillion available clues that the smart is tiny.

I think it wasn't just the room that had its lightbulb off.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Closing the door would set off a alarm with me. Plastic sounding, not solid.
Sitting in a vehicle side by side, in something small. No arm room. The lack of controls, and the cheap feel of the switch gear, compared to other modern vehicles. Especially the rotary, air flow selector. Very cheap feeling. Flat bottom seat, not sitting in a more expensive car. Glad they didn't let them start the car.

They should have just blind folded people. Did a comparison test several of different sizes vehicles. Similar to the blind fold Febreze commercial. That would have made more sense.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eyes wide open

I was just now at the store in my smartie, and as I walked out and got in, I heard this guy on the sidewalk say "OH MY GOD!!" I'm 6'3" and 300 lbs. I'm sure he was totally shocked by how easy it was for me to get inside my car. He couldn't stop staring!!! LOL Too funny!!! :)
I had arrived home from work. I parked in my apartment complex. I saw a vehicle behind me going slow. As I got out of my little car, her eyes went wide open. Being 6 feet tall and weighing about 340 LBS, I guess she was surprised to see me get out of it. There are other times people said they did not realize how much room there is in a Fortwo. :nerd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts