Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
I know this is going to piss off some people here but I wouldn't touch an electric smart (even though I think it would be a fun car). A 2015 is already almost out of battery warranty (if you can even find a battery). How far are you from a service center? You will probably have to get a tow because of out of range. Too limited range. I love my gas Smart and if you want a Smart that is what I would recommend. If you really want an EV do whats already been suggested and look into a different brand.

· Registered
96 Posts
You make good points. I'm considering the car for use to drive to a class I'll be taking two days per week, about 12 miles from home. I do want to check the battery status. A Mercedes–Benz service center is near where I'll be looking at the car, but I do share your concern about the range in terms of getting towed if I ever needed that. Thank you for giving me a good perspective to consider.
I use 4 gals of gas per week and drive wherever without any concerns on range and without having to remember to plug in every night. This is the first car I have ever owned that I could care less about gas prices. I also think that 8k is too high for a 6 year old smart ev regardless of miles. I just don't want you to get stuck with a lawn ornament in the near future. (even though all smarts may end up that way)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.