Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,194 Posts
Full disclosure
Just so you know Carmax will not sell or buy a smart EV/EQ because of battery issues.
While their position may have changed, two months ago CarMax made me a very fair offer our MY15 ED.

Maybe it’s a regional thing, but they even called as a follow up?

It should be noted that Sokoloff won the bidding war that ensued…

😁

· Super Moderator
8,194 Posts
Strange, I just looked and can't find any ev or eq available for sale on carmax.
Very small production with most never traveling beyond their “range.” Here’s my offer from CarMax for Sparky with multiple follow up emails/calls…

Have questions?
Contact Terry Collins at [email protected]
Your custom appraisal offer​
Vehicle​
2015 Smart Fortwo Electric​
Offer date​
3/31/21​
Valid through​
4/7/21​
Amount​
$4,500​

· Super Moderator
8,194 Posts
Life is about choices ICE or ED.

smart was a niche car that at the beginning got a black eye because so many put $99 down to wait a year for an unknown EURO product. A vehicle that had not seen the challenge of City car to Road Warrior on our highways in N.A.

I was there at the launch and remain a smart enthusiast even in orphanhood!

Loved our ED but moved on to get more range and quicker charging.

ED is simply a major electric appliance. Read the specs and if it fulfills your needs - PLUG & PLAY!!!

· Super Moderator
8,194 Posts
I had no idea about that, but I'm so glad you told me. I'm getting in the habit of thanking you. Much appreciated.
Seems that “it takes a village” to keep our 451 ED Community informed and being able to plug & play.

Fortunately there are a great number of (ICE & ED) owners on The Forum who are wise beyond the Daimler Orphanage that left us without support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.