Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scanned my ABS codes in my 08 smart fortwo. I got two codes. C1503 and C1443. The funny thing is I could find nothing online, not even alldata had anything on it. Since these codes are vehicle specific, generic codes from online are useless. Anyone have a list of smart car ABS codes?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm gonna assume whatever Google says is no help to you? Front passenger abs sensor and the steering position sensor?
I scanned my ABS codes in my 08 smart fortwo. I got two codes. C1503 and C1443. The funny thing is I could find nothing online, not even alldata had anything on it. Since these codes are vehicle specific, generic codes from online are useless. Anyone have a list of smart car ABS codes?

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
These might help, they are on a forfour, but something to check on (??)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is what I got with my scan tool. C1443 Steering phase A circuit signal short to ground. C1503 ESP Switch error. I got 5 different definitions from Google.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That engine error code site is saying C1443 C1503 are both "Power Steering Pressure (PSP) Switch Signal Malfunction" which does not exist because the power steering unit in this vehicle is electric not hydraulic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a power steering light and the power steering appears to be working properly. I'm being to think that the abs module isn't compatible with the power steering module. But until I get a proper definition if what this code is, it's just a guess.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just swapped out the abs module. The abs light and brake light are no longer on permanently. The abs light now comes on after I move for more than 10 feet. The brake light says off. The new codes are C1424, C1323 and C1411. None of which make any sense when Googled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts