Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All , This is a bit of a weird one I have a 2006 model Fortwo , when you go round a right hand bend at average speed or above the left hand front brake comes on for a second or two lights come on dash then all is normal , got it down to the traction control thinks the car is in a slide so ABS kicks in to rectify it , work done so far , first were reluctor rings on rear axle , they were a bit corroded so were changed , still doing it , so pointed to the Yaw sensor (very expensive) fitted that still no difference , now at the head scratching phase , this must have happened to someone out there .
Any /all help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mine recently started to act up too, usually going rt. Going around a certain bend.
Now triangle is on, abs comes on, their shutters, engine almost shuts down... reluctor rings are good, rear wheel bearing good but one has some runout of a few thousants.. which could be.
So I'm making a disabler and while at it bypassing evap. Since I dont drive it that much, only from my house to my observatory and back with a trip to the local store a few miles....
Smart was a good product, just executed wrong.... mechanical complications, electrical nightmares and total lack of support by MB and smart in general.
Smart would have been better product with a straight gearbox, no electric shift. Simpler easy to maintain. A sump with a DRAIN, the list for me goes on and on..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts