Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Passion. Sometimes when I go to accelerate, the throttle or accelerator will seem to drop signal to the car and I can't continue for a second or two. Happens regardless of tank level, and I usually fill it at the half way mark to try and keep the fuel pump happy.

And if I had to guess, seems to happen less often if I avoid using the kick-down feature.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a 2009 Passion. Sometimes when I go to accelerate, the throttle or accelerator will seem to drop signal to the car and I can't continue for a second or two. Happens regardless of tank level, and I usually fill it at the half way mark to try and keep the fuel pump happy.

And if I had to guess, seems to happen less often if I avoid using the kick-down feature.

Thoughts?

Does this usually happen at downshifts or upshifts? Any check engine codes?

My 2013 has now left me sitting on the side of the highway twice with no throttle. I got code P2135. After a short while it will work again. First time I was in the left lane during peak traffic and it pulled all power (flooring it got me to about 30mph eventually and I was going 75-80). Scary feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.