Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,921 Posts
Good info - thanks! I like the car cover as ours will probably sit outside. I've contacted Covercraft about a cover but they don't have anything yet and will have to wait for the US cars to arrive.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Tow bar?

Hoping they are developing a tow bar for all those motorhomes out there wanting to be smart as well. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
considering

i wont get to park inside the garage (unless i can convince my better half that there is an advantage parking her car outside), and they always leave my street for last when it comes to snow plowing.

cape-style car cover and Snow chains.

both are a pain frought with extra effort. :)

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Check out the Brabus suspension and wheel spacers. If they aren't immediately available in the US, we can organize a group buy on this forum and get them shipped over here ourselves.

Optional wheels anyone?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check out the Brabus suspension and wheel spacers. If they aren't immediately available in the US, we can organize a group buy on this forum and get them shipped over here ourselves.

Optional wheels anyone?
Count me in for optional wheels!

Jerry

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope that the rear quarter panels can be replaced with optional wider fenders for the optional wheels and tires!

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
lhoboy, what are wheel spacers? Car culture is new to me, please excuse.:eek:
Wheel spacers are used to increase the track (width of the car as measured from the centerlines of the wheels). The Brabus spacers look like they are 1/2-1 centimeter in thickness and would thus increase the track by 1-2 cm. Increases stability and permits the use of wider rims without the risk of inside tire rub.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wheel spacers are used to increase the track (width of the car as measured from the centerlines of the wheels). The Brabus spacers look like they are 1/2-1 centimeter in thickness and would thus increase the track by 1-2 cm. Increases stability and permits the use of wider rims without the risk of inside tire rub.
One would think that they would adjust the offset on the rims rather than using spacers to fill the gap. I would definitely prefer to find a way to swap out the three bolt pattern hubs with a 4 or 5 lug pattern.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
One would think that they would adjust the offset on the rims rather than using spacers to fill the gap. I would definitely prefer to find a way to swap out the three bolt pattern hubs with a 4 or 5 lug pattern.
Aftermarket adaptors are available for Mercedes five lug pattern.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm definitely down for anything BRABUS. Does anyone know about any wheel that are going to be available? I don't even need larger/wider, I just want 'cooler-looking'.

My passion cab is black/black/silver tridion, and I think some black BRABUS wheels would set it off perfectly!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm definitely down for anything BRABUS. Does anyone know about any wheel that are going to be available? I don't even need larger/wider, I just want 'cooler-looking'.

My passion cab is black/black/silver tridion, and I think some black BRABUS wheels would set it off perfectly!
I initially reserved a blue with silver Tridion but I'm thinking like you, Black on Black with silver Tridion and cool wheels!

I was in Paris yesterday and saw an all Black Brabus. Very cool looking smart!
I might switch to black on black with black Tridion when I get the confirmation notice. Decisions!

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts

Check out the 2007 Accessory Brochure. The back half is all Brabus stuff including wheels. Let me know if you need anything translated.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Count me in for the Brabus wheels and suspension!

Anyone know how much the suspension lowers and tightens up the car?
Here's the desciption of the optional Brabus suspension from page 31 of the 2007 Accessory Brochure :
"Enables the lowering by about 15mm. Optimizes the appearance, road stance, and curve stability. For better driving dynamics, more precise tracking, and more safety margin."

It certainly looks like the Brabus concept is the JCW of the Smart world.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
LoL "BRABUS The J.C. Whitney---"... nearly spit my coke through my nose lhoboy.... dang....

Yes Brabus has a few goodies but they are exceedingly proud of them and charge $$$$ as if the filler material was platinum or gold instead of the aluminum and plastic it really is...

There a many options besides Brabus for suspension lowering or raising, exterior panels... they call the wheel wells "arches" and several wider sets including full areo kits are already out there...

There are many many different wheel series, colors, offsets and 3 lug to 5 lug adapters to use MB wheels so the combinations are quite exponential....

It might be a while before "real" 1.oL Mitsu motor mods are in the pipe line, but there is already a full range of bolt on mods for air intake, fuel delivery, and exhaust

Brabus is to Smart as AMG is to Mercedes as Lingenfelter is to Corvette as Roush is to Mustang as Shelby is to Cobra.... not sure what Eddie Bauer had to do with it but his name is plastered all over some Ford stuff like it means something

J.C. Whintey is to auto parts as Summit is to---- or Jeggs is to....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts