Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried accessing their fuse box inside the glove compartment? The manual says it's there and you open up a cover but I can't seem to open it without breaking anything. I'll leave this here until someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Has anyone tried accessing their fuse box inside the glove compartment? The manual says it's there and you open up a cover but I can't seem to open it without breaking anything. I'll leave this here until someone can help me. Thanks in advance!
Yes. You will have to pull a little harder. Some elbow grease. You might want to try a pair of padded gloves just so it doesn't pop off and cut your fingers because it just might do that.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well... it's nice to see a car manufacturer that still thinks the fuses being readily accessible is a GOOD thing. My freakin Dart is a NIGHTMARE! Who in their right mind hides the fuse box up behind the plastic panel that's over the bottom of where the steering wheel is?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Well... it's nice to see a car manufacturer that still thinks the fuses being readily accessible is a GOOD thing. My freakin Dart is a NIGHTMARE! Who in their right mind hides the fuse box up behind the plastic panel that's over the bottom of where the steering wheel is?
Is it that bad? The smart 453 might be just as difficult to access because my hands don't even fit in the glove box...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuse box location

I am having the same problem. I can not find the fuse box in glove box. Exactly what do i pull or push for the fuse box to appear once I have opened the glove compartment? My car is a 2017 Smart For Two. The manual says it is there.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

·
Registered
93 Posts
+1 on the my hands won't fit in the glovebox on my 453. Has anyone found an alternate way of getting at the fuses like taking the glovebox out? Is it difficult to do so?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you think access to fuse box is difficult on LHD (US) models, you should try it on RHD (UK) version!! The fuses are still located on the right side of the car, but instead of being located inside the glove compartment, they are now located behind the switch panel adjacent to the steering wheel. The switch panel has to be removed (which is awkward to start), and the opening behind the panel is so small and the fuses are so far back that it's practically impossible to get your hand even close to the fuse box never mind actually getting the fuse replaced!! Had to resort to careful use of long-nose pliers - not easy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
If you look at Mr smart la's top picture, you can see the vertical slot on the right side of the fuse panel between the two 15 amp fuses. Jam a flat bladed screwdriver in the slot and pull the fuse block towards you. It will release from the bracket and swing down below the glove box and you can access all of the fuses and relays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts