Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I have the stock radio and am looking at a bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter so I can easily stream music from my iPhone. Does anyone here have experience with those? Ideally it would be concealed in the glove compartment and automatically turn on/off with the car so all I have to do when I get in is select aux on the radio and auto connects to the bluetooth. I'm not sure this is possible, there's a lot of literature on this, but until someone has actually tried it, I'm skeptical.

I'm too lazy to have to connect anything, my ICE vehicle is all automatic, I just get in the car and my phone is connected if it's in my pocket. I want that experience. I realize the nav system has this feature. I was too cheap to get it.

2. Has anyone purchased a cargo cover from outside the dealership? I've decided I want one to stop items from sliding around and falling behind the seats. I see them on ebay for the 2012 and earlier models for around $80. I think the ones at the dealership are closer to $200? I'm going to ask my sales guy to sell me one at costs, figure it couldn't hurt to ask.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Those aftermarket aux/jack Bluetooth adapters tend to be a hit or miss solution. For some they seem to be acceptable and work well, for others they suck. Just wait until others start responding here. Seems to be a 50/50 accepted solution.

I tend to believe that they are more trouble than they are worth. I prefer the ones integrated into the headunit.

·
Registered
515 Posts
my dealer included the cargo cover and floor mats

i use a usb thumb drive for music

and a jabra handsfree bluetooth speaker on the visor for phone calls

I can move it from vehicle to vehicle

works great

·
Super Moderator
11,294 Posts
As I recall, there are a few different 'cargo covers' Make sure you get the one you want. Some are just the top cover and no wall that goes behind the seats to keep things from sliding forward. I got the one with the net that goes up to the roof. Installed it myself with little trouble and love it!! makes my Pure look like a cop car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have a look at the Jabra Freeway. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and connects to your radio via the FM. I know that FM transmitters can be hit and miss, particularly if there are many radio stations broadcasting in your area. I have a Jabra Tour for cellular calls and it works great and looks like it was made for the Smart.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well im big on music and have a organized digital collection so i have all my car music on a super small Sandisk USB, you can barely see it plugged in. Using your iPhone to play music is sort of unnecessary when you can just simply plug in a USB and start playing music right away. So i'd go with a USB for music no doubt.

My phone doesn't come out of my pocket when im in the car as i have no need to use it while driving. On my old smart i tried using my phone to play music but it was just a hassle every time.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My phone doesn't come out of my pocket when im in the car as i have no need to use it while driving. On my old smart i tried using my phone to play music but it was just a hassle every time.
Depends on the head and the phone. I have a custom install, and a rather rare phone. My cell stays in my pocket as well, but with one button I can play tunes off the cell (via BT) through the system. It has all the standard buttons of a CD player, and a couple spares that I have setup to do a random jump and a change over to internet radio. (Listening to DW Radio, live-streaming over 3G with one or two button hits is nice.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts