Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to report that the brakes on my cabrio work very well and allowed me to stop short of the white tail deer that jumped out in front of me this evening!:eek:

Does anyone have data showing the stopping abilities of a smart? How many feet does it take when you are traveling 60 mph? :confused:

In my case I was doing 45 mph - but none-the-less I was impressed by how fast it stopped. I think a heavier car might have been harder to stop and hit the deer.:rolleyes:

-Jim G

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
...since we drive half a car we can stop in half the distance...

Jetfuel ... Bored to tears in LI NY...

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Gonna have to make this a sticky:

Here's some info for everyone concerned about the smart's brakes; numbers are from Road & Track test data, braking distance from 60 - 0 mph:

smart fortwo - 130 feet

Mercedes C350 Sport - 135 feet

Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV - 134 feet
:)

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I've stopped single digit feet short of deer before in mine too. Any other car, most likely not the case IMO.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've avoid a couple of accidents these past couple of days. One head on collision with some idiot who just decided to invade my lane even though it should have been obvious I was there last Saturday and today someone who must have thought I was to small to bother with and just decided to cut in front of me to cross the street. The good brakes saved me from that idiot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts