Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
While out traveling , we found , checked out and bought a very very clean 2015 451 Brabus ... 13,000 miles on the odo . Now we have the Lorinser and Brabus . Sweetness in small packages
Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it as I recently bought a 2013 with 43,000 miles?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same car with 17k miles. I wonder how many of these they made. I love the looks of the Brabus.
I would like to know this too ! I know they are limited and This is the first time I’ve seen one in person , I only ever saw them in pictures .

And I just got a call from a fella that’s selling his 2009 prime (I;drove it 3 years ago ) with the upgraded wheels and loaded trim with 75,000 for $3,000 . It’s clean and well sorted , so we are going to snag that one too . So three smarts in the stable in a short time !

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,571 Posts
My Brabus coupe is a 2009. At that time they were supposed to make a total of 1500 in model year 2009. The best numbers I have been able to find suggests only about 1200 were made. About 600 coupes and 600 cabriolets. Of each body style, about 300 black and about 300 silver. I do not have any numbers for the newer models when they were re-introduced in 2013. Keep in mind, these numbers are for US spec cars only.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
While out traveling , we found , checked out and bought a very very clean 2015 451 Brabus ... 13,000 miles on the odo . Now we have the Lorinser and Brabus . Sweetness in small packages

Can you do me a favor? Check the front struts and tell me what you see. Are they black or silver (Bilstein), and is there a Brabus logo on them? It's an easy way to find out if the suspension is the same as the '09 were.

·
3,571 Posts
Can you do me a favor? Check the front struts and tell me what you see. Are they black or silver (Bilstein), and is there a Brabus logo on them? It's an easy way to find out if the suspension is the same as the '09 were.
That is a good question Mister_smart_LA. I always thought the later cars only had the Brabus sport appearance package and not the full suspension set up of the '09 cars.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
That is a good question Mister_smart_LA. I always thought the later cars only had the Brabus sport appearance package and not the full suspension set up of the '09 cars.

I believe I'm a large part of perpetuating that thought, but since the new 453's are out my 451 knowledge is getting foggy. I want to confirm instead of running with rumors. Of course, I could take a few vin's through the service department and find out myself but that would require more effort and time than asking for help here. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you paint your front brake calipers, or are those covers like the ones you can buy on eBay, or even something else? Also, I really like the front grill on your model year. Mine has the big Smart emblem embedded into the actual grill and I really don't like it. I'd love to find a replacement that just has the Brabus emblem.

·
3,571 Posts
Did you paint your front brake calipers, or are those covers like the ones you can buy on eBay, or even something else? Also, I really like the front grill on your model year. Mine has the big Smart emblem embedded into the actual grill and I really don't like it. I'd love to find a replacement that just has the Brabus emblem.
I did paint the original front calipers red, but they were not to my liking. The covers I have now were bought from E Bay several years ago. They have the raised Brembo lettering and were about $15.00 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back shock is a silver Bilstein logo located at the bottom of the shock , I will have to remove the front wheel to see what lurks underneath .. update on that later .

·
3,571 Posts
The rear spring is Gray colored , I assume that’s a Brabus item.
That's correct. Did you notice if two of the middle coils have turned a sort of gold from the original silver? Every 2009 Brabus I have looked at has that same discoloration for some reason. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts