Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would it be possible to have a sticky of All current U.S. dealers authorized to sell New smart EV's
And a list of dealers who just provide service for ice and EV's.
Hoping for inclusive list not a dozen piecemeal
Thank You.
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona Mercedes-Benz of Chandler (Service Only)
Arkansas
California - Smart Center Of Santa Barbara, CA. (Only Service & Parts)
MB of San Francisco .. Sales and Service.
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky smart center of Louisville (Service and Sales 1 New 2017 Left)
Louisiana
Maine - smart Center Scarborough, Maine (sales and service)
Maryland - Euro MotorCars, Bethesda, MD sells and services
Euro MotorCars, Germantown, MD (Service Only)
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada Las Vegas Fletcher Jones Imports (Service Only)

New Jersey
New Mexico Smart SMART Center Albuquerque (Service Only)
New York Mercedes Benz Buffalo, NY (Service Only)
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio - Columbus, sales and service. Cincy, Cleveland and North Olmstead, service only.
Oklahoma
Oregon - Smart Center Of Medford, OR. (Only Service & Parts).
Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh - Rahal MB of Pittsburgh and former Smart Center - Service only
-Euromotors in Devon PA (Service Only)
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah

Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Maryland:
Euro MotorCars, Germantown, MD no longer sells smarts but will continue to service smarts for a couple more years.

Euro MotorCars, Bethesda, MD sells and services the smart EV and lists service for ICE smarts on their website.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
I wonder in the next 8 years, what MB dealership will still be around. To honor the smart car EV’s, battery warranty. If it fails, during the remaining warranty period.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,097 Posts
If you continue to depend on your "local" smart Center - better buckle up!

Don't see many EQ dealers on The Map nor much (if any?) inventory on the ground even in Southern California?

https://www.smartusa.com/models/eq-passion-coupe

After buying our MY08 cabrio from the local M-B smart Center we have seen the "smart Center" dismantled and is now their "exotic" AMG showroom. They sold ONE ED (not to me?) and won't even acknowledge the existence of the EQ brand???

When our local M-B dealer consummated the smart Franchise dissolution with Daimler I believe they agreed to "service" smarts for 4 additional years. We are now about a year from that being "sunset-ed" at which point I have little faith that they will even order smart parts???

Our ugly red headed stepchild of M-B is nearing some perilous time . . . :shrug:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Massachusetts:
smart Center Lynnfield (service and sales)
smart Center Boston (service and sales)

New Hampshire
NONE

Vermont
NONE

Rhode Island
Warwick (service only)

Maine
smart Center Scarborough (service and sales)

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,097 Posts
I wonder in the next 8 years, what MB dealership will still be around. To honor the smart car EV’s, battery warranty. If it fails, during the remaining warranty period.
453 HV Battery "8 year/62,000-mile battery warranty. That means if anything happens to your battery, or it suffers considerable capacity loss, we'll replace it free of charge."

My SWAG???

If you can tow your 453 ED/EQ to your "local" smart/EQ Center you may get it replaced with an HV battery shipped in from Europe?

Otherwise your attorney can talk to the M-B attorney and they may offer you a FMV buyback?

Now a 451 ED with the 10 year BAP, who knows??? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I see Santa Barbara is on the list but what about Palm Springs, Riverside or San Bernardino ?? Anyone know ?? Im moving back from Northern California to Palm Springs in about 4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Now a 451 ED with the 10 year BAP, who knows??? :shrug:
That's a real concern for me, having one of those... Including how to deal with selling it early if I want to, but don't want to deal with MB.

MB Buffalo, NY no longer sells smarts, and has torn down the showroom they used to have for it. They still service them, if you can get them to answer their phone. Literally called the smart line and their regular MB line multiple times over the span of a week. It would take 7+ rings to go to voice mail, and I never got a follow up. The service I did get (needed a shop with a computer to fix this one) was sub-par at best and took over a week for what would have been a drop-in fix a couple years ago.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Currently the word is that these dealers will service for about 2-3 more years to cover cars sold by them.
That's what the Indianapolis Mercedes Dealership told me but I don't think it's even that long.

I found a garage in Lafayette IN that has a good reputation for working on foreign cars which I'll use after that.

sigh...

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
Illinois has three dealerships, all within 50 miles of Chicago:

- Mercedes-Benz of Orland Park
- Mercedes-Benz Loeber Motors (Lincolnwood)
- Mercedes-Benz of St. Charles

All three sell and service smarts, though I will warn that getting service from St. Charles and Lincolnwood can be a pain. Also, none of the Chicago dealers are official distributors of the ED/EQ, but they do get their hands on a few.

Reactions: Smart Bob

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Illinois has three dealerships, all within 50 miles of Chicago:

- Mercedes-Benz of Orland Park
- Mercedes-Benz Loeber Motors (Lincolnwood)
- Mercedes-Benz of St. Charles

All three sell and service smarts, though I will warn that getting service from St. Charles and Lincolnwood can be a pain. Also, none of the Chicago dealers are official distributors of the ED/EQ, but they do get their hands on a few.
Isn’t Loeber, the only smart car center, that sells, and services the EV. The other 2 will only touch ICE vehicles. Our dealership here. Aristocrat motors, who hosted the 2010 smart nations. Will only honor ICE smart car, service warranty work. Won’t touch any EV vehicles. All the smart signage, long gone.

Westminster MB, in Denver Colorado, looks like they still sell, and service smart EV’s.

https://www.mbwestminster.com/new-vehicles/smart/

https://www.loebermercedes.com/?smart

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
St Charles will also sell and service the EV, though so as I was told by their Brand Manager, they were not really supposed to. :shrug: Maybe that's changed since the last time I was there (2017).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Orland Park would service me since I am 5 minutes away, but grudgingly.

I gave up after trying to get service at Lincolnwood, they never wash the car and the past two times never attached the oil change sticker. They even had a hard time wanting to fix my front end and replace two wheels and tires when I hit a (snow hidden) Chicago pothole the size of half a Smart. At the tune of $2,800!

Finally gave up.

I dumped it at CarMax two months ago, excellent condition only 87K miles for $1,700.

Smart USA never marketed the vehicle properly, at least not in Chicagoland. Bought one of the first ones in 2009. Loved that car and was addicted to the mileage. Now I know how Edsel owners felt and at least Pontiac / Oldsmobile owners can get serviced at GM dealers.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Pittsburgh - Rahal MB of Pittsburgh and former Smart Center - Service only.

But, I sure hope they will continue to service Smarts for far more than "a couple more years". Am I just supposed to throw my ED out in the trash if something fails that only a dealer can fix, three years from now? The average time my household has held onto a car - half of them bought used, has been 15 years. Almost all my repairs have been DIY, but the Smart ED may be the first where this is not true due to all the MB software-driven stuff (even just the headlights or wipers) whose only purpose seems to be to force owners to get repairs at dealers.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts