Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Hi, this is not on topic. I was passing by and noticed some posts.

I went to the service center map and I sort of noticed it hasn’t changed a bit.

I got caught for the first time out of town nothing left in the battery.

A kind gas station owner let me plug in. In five hours I figured I had enough to get home, 19 miles. I waited until 40% showed with 21 miles and made it back.

While it was charging, I called roadside assistance. From Scranton, PA to Binghamton, NY there is only one at the NYS Welcome Center. Two Tesla chargers. Nothing else supported.

As Elon said a couple weeks ago, the electric car business is over. He sucked every major manufacturer into adding several to their line this year.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
While it was charging, I called roadside assistance. From Scranton, PA to Binghamton, NY there is only one at the NYS Welcome Center. Two Tesla chargers. Nothing else supported.
The Tesla monopolization-through-charging-facility-domination (very noticeable in the low-adoption rate eastern US) is worrying. However, for now, there is an adapter available that lets other EVs charge from a standard (not supercharger of course) Tesla destination charger (below).

I admire your adventurousness taking your EQ out of town - especially in the still-cold season.

UMC-J1772 Store

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Would it be possible to have a sticky of All current U.S. dealers authorized to sell New smart EV's
And a list of dealers who just provide service for ice and EV's.
Hoping for inclusive list not a dozen piecemeal
Thank You.
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona Mercedes-Benz of Chandler (Service Only)
Arkansas
California - Smart Center Of Santa Barbara, CA. (Only Service & Parts)
MB of San Francisco .. Sales and Service.
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky smart center of Louisville (Service and Sales 1 New 2017 Left)
Louisiana
Maine - smart Center Scarborough, Maine (sales and service)
Maryland - Euro MotorCars, Bethesda, MD sells and services
Euro MotorCars, Germantown, MD (Service Only)
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada Las Vegas Fletcher Jones Imports (Service Only)

New Jersey
New Mexico Smart SMART Center Albuquerque (Service Only)
New York Mercedes Benz Buffalo, NY (Service Only)
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio - Columbus, sales and service. Cincy, Cleveland and North Olmstead, service only.
Oklahoma
Oregon - Smart Center Of Medford, OR. (Only Service & Parts).
Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh - Rahal MB of Pittsburgh and former Smart Center - Service only
-Euromotors in Devon PA (Service Only)
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah

Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin zimbrick Mercedes benz
2300 Rimrock Rd, Madison, WI 53713

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mercedes-Benz of West Covina, CA formerly Penske smart West Covina still services smart cars. Beverly Hills Mercedes and the Mercedes-Benz of Laguna Niguel also service smart cars. Not sure about the Mercedes-Benz Dealer in Riverside, CA. It also appears that most former smart Centers no longer stock very many parts for smart Cars and have to order what is needed to complete the repair. The Mercedes-Benz Dealer in San Diego probably still services smart cars as well.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
No dealers are selling new smarts at this point. :)
Seriously
The post you're responding to was done over 30 months ago EVs were still being sold.
My main objective is trying to get an updated resource for members on the form that they can use to find a smart service center near them.
As far as I know members can't change titles to their own threads can they?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I took the initiative to start the thread 30 months ago hoping somebody else would help finish it. I was hoping to get the list down to just the states with service centers and states without service centers removed.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I bet you could count fingers on both hands. MB dealerships, that still service smart cars. Especially the EV’s

·
Super Moderator
29,391 Posts
Seriously
The post you're responding to was done over 30 months ago EVs were still being sold.
My main objective is trying to get an updated resource for members on the form that they can use to find a smart service center near them.
As far as I know members can't change titles to their own threads can they?
I was responding to your post from 2 hours ago where you repeated your original post from 30 months ago... :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Please don’t flame me for this but the Mercedes dealer in Knoxville tn still sells smart parts.
I know as that’s how my local dealer got the seals to fix mine.(bought the car from a in town dealer that I know good)
They also still have a smart tech there in Knoxville but for how long I’ve got no clue.
I’ll find out when I go to get a extra key made for mine.(which it seems nobody in my area can cut for some weird reason)

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
You can still buy parts at any of the MB dealerships, that once cared the ICE smart brand. I only know of 2 smart dealership, over 500 miles from me, the carried the EV’s. One was in Denver, the other in the Chicago metro area. Most of the Midwest smart dealerships, took no interest of selling the EV’s. Good luck on service too.

I can still get ICE parts, maybe service. At aristocrat motors here. I stop using there. Service department for years now.

If my memory Serves me right. Wasn’t there only 27 smart dealership left, towards the. When smart pulled the plug. They only sold the ED. Jwright would know that.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I’m glad to still be able to get parts even if I don’t use the service.
Once my service contract is up I’m stocking up on parts just in case.
When my local dealer that I got mine from serviced it(head gasket and timing chain with tensioner) the engine looked like new in the cylinder bores so lots of life left in it.
Otherwise they would likely have to come from overseas.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You don’t need to stock pike parts. You can buy the majority parts from Rock Auto, Mercedes-Benz Parts & Accessories | MB Online Parts etc. Lots of salvage smart cars out there too.

Parts aren’t rare for the smart car.
I can only wish.
I have never seen a smart in either of our two Pick A Part locations North Las Vegas and Henderson. ???? I like picking through salvage yards when it's cooler out.
When I have asked if they ever had a smart car come through. They asked what's a smart car :unsure:
I would like to find a yard that had some.
Kind of like Christian Brothers either your city or has them or they don't.
I imagine California has quite a few junk yards with them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I know the feeling jo.
There isn’t many pick a part places with them near me either.
I don’t mind ordering parts but I like to have some that’s easy to get quickly if needed.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I know the feeling jo.
There isn’t many pick a part places with them near me either.
I don’t mind ordering parts but I like to have some that’s easy to get quickly if needed.
Thats not going to happen, if you own a niche car. Like a smart car. The smart car is really reliable vehicle. Very few parts, are needed.

When I first bought the car, you couldn’t even find a replacement car battery. You were at the mercy of the dealer.

The internet makes finding parts, so easy now.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts