Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you guys call this car reliable?? my actuator motor shaft just broke on mine and am looking for one but might sell it after i fix it. should i?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi guys,
so mu actuator shaft broke kn .y 2008 smart car it only has 70k miles am pretty dissapointed, anyways any idea wer to get a new one for cheap?? or maybe even a used one for cheaper?? need to fix and have to decide if i wanna keep kt after would u guys say this is a reliable car? thanx alot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea clutch actuator. the shaft.on the motor is the one the presses or depresses the clutxh. i have pictures

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
would you guys call this car reliable?? my actuator motor shaft just broke on mine and am looking for one but might sell it after i fix it. should i?
If that is the only thing wrong I would definitly keep it. The repair should be fairly easy if you know how to use a wrench. I would try to get the actuator shaft from a wreck if possible. Chumly

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it is the full clutch actuator which I can confirm after the photo, unless you find a salvage yard to remove it off the car I know a couple places sell them right under 300 bucks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If that is the only thing wrong I would definitly keep it. The repair should be fairly easy if you know how to use a wrench. I would try to get the actuator shaft from a wreck if possible. Chumly
yea so far is the only issue ive had. it could of been bas though cuz it just stayed in the middle.of the road but yea it seems simple. but the part is 700 new plus a relearn thru merxedes so maybe 900 total on a car that maybe worth 3k.... so am a lil worried what else.could.break

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
yea so far is the only issue ive had. it could of been bas though cuz it just stayed in the middle.of the road but yea it seems simple. but the part is 700 new plus a relearn thru merxedes so maybe 900 total on a car that maybe worth 3k.... so am a lil worried what else.could.break
I replaced mine with a gently used one at 38000 miles.....now have 160,000+
I usually "service" mine every 50K or so.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea replace it with one of those I showed you yesterday. After that just keep your cleaned and lubed. You’ll be fine. It’s one of the more common repairs for some smarts.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,765 Posts
gigimedrano, as the Clutch Actuator (A4512500062) position is adjustable - you may want to mark the old alignment with a Sharpie?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts