Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
$17/month "out of pocket" cost. They will probably tell you that you will be saving $122/month in fuel costs thus reducing the $139/month lease payment down to just $17. Sounds like a place to avoid to me.

Len

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The map pin may be general (Orange County) and not specific to that residential neighborhood.

Although the ad was posted as "by owner," dealers are often known to avoid disclosing themselves as dealers on Craigslist because many potential buyers only look for by-owner vehicles.

The deal is described as a new 36-month lease, offered until the end of this month.

There is only one smart dealer in Orange County.

·
17,350 Posts
It's kinda like those old Tesla ads where they were saying you can lease a Tesla Model S for $500 a month.

It was actually $1,000 a month, but they said the actual cost is more like $500 after you factor in the fuel you're not buying and crap like that.

It's just bait...

·
Registered
646 Posts
That is a private party ad, maybe taking over his lease? Who knows, its a weird one, I bet is a dealership employee that got the loyalty rebate

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is legit guys. This deal is being offered at Smart Center Laguna Niguel (OC). The $17 payment is factoring in the $2500 rebate and 1k Mercedes/Smart loyalty cash back. Basically the Glider is free to lease and the only payment is the battery lease. 80+tax I know because my co-worker just got the lease. Without the Mercedes loyalty you just have to pay 1k down.

I just leased mine from another dealer for $88 a month and i thought that was a good deal but this deal is insane.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is legit guys. This deal is being offered at Smart Center Laguna Niguel (OC). The $17 payment is factoring in the $2500 rebate and 1k Mercedes/Smart loyalty cash back. Basically the Glider is free to lease and the only payment is the battery lease. 80+tax I know because my co-worker just got the lease. Without the Mercedes loyalty you just have to pay 1k down.

I just leased mine from another dealer for $88 a month and i thought that was a good deal but this deal is insane.
What is the $2500 rebate?

·
Registered
646 Posts
that is pretty much the same program I bought mine under.
Just be aware that the $2500 probably won't get into your pocket until around Sept/Oct

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's a California rebate.
In georgia it's 20% up to $5k off your state taxes. I got about $3,400 off my lease.

You would think that would move a lot of EDs but the dealer last week told me sales were not that good.

I have not seen another ED driving around, but one or two gas models,
several Leafs and two or three Tesla everyday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts