Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the owner of a 2008 Smartie Passion for nearly 5 years with very good results! Needed more room so a Honda Accord took its place! Missed the fun driving, parking, and so on! Then on Monday we picked up our new '16 Passion at Devon, Pa. VERY pleased with all the updates/improvements including the turbo! More fun to drive!
Can anyone tell me for sure if the 08 oil filter will fit the 16? Same size but the turbo? It may fit, but internal filter valves, etc make me want to be sure! Salesman wasn't sure. Help...if you can!!:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
28,977 Posts
Nope, totally different filter, totally different engine. The 453 takes a cartridge filter - the salesperson should have at least known that much. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the prompt reply jwight! I used to do all my own service work on the 08, but I think I'll leave the work on this one be done by someone with a lift. At 78 it's not as easy to scoot under Smartie to change oil or other underside work! We love it so far!!

My reason for asking is that I have half a dozen filters for the 08. They'll find a home

1 - 4 of 4 Posts