Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they slippery or is there some tact rubber on them?
Those little black rubber buttons on them are quite grippy. My shoes weren't wet when I drove, but they didn't feel slippery.

The rubber buttons are not glued. They go all the way through the metal to the back. So I think they will stay on the metal for a while.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To the OP, you said you're not sure if you like them, but didn't say why.
Oh, just the aesthetics part of it is what I am not sure about. There is really no aluminum / brushed metal look to the OEM equipment anywhere inside the car. It is all pretty much black or gray. These pedals sort of stand out from the rest of the interior a bit. The "unintegrated" look is what bothered me.

One more thing that bothered me is the sloppy machining and paint job on the logo. It is not a big deal when you look at it from 5 feet up and the paint will probably wear off after a while anyway. But when you look at it close, it epitomizes the sloppy quality control we have all seen from no-name Chinese ebay purchases.

On the other hand, the pedals are way down in the deep dark confines of the footwell. So it is a nice touch to actually be able to see them as compared to the black OEM pedals. By themselves, they do look nice, especially with the dead pedal in place, when you get in the car and sit down.

I'm going to have to leave them in there for a while to see if it grows on me. So far, I'm sort of neutral about the look.

There you go. You asked me a simple question, and I wrote you an essay :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts