Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! I'm interested on adding the OEM navigation off a 2012 passion coupe to my 2012 passion coupe. I was just wondering if anyone knows what I need as far as cables to be able to install it in my car besides the GPS antenna. Also are these systems coded?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Good morning! I'm interested on adding the OEM navigation off a 2012 passion coupe to my 2012 passion coupe. I was just wondering if anyone knows what I need as far as cables to be able to install it in my car besides the GPS antenna. Also are these systems coded?

Thank you so much!
Plug and play plus the GPS antenna. The unit has a lock code that must be input when it is first powered on. The factory set code is 0000.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plug and play plus the GPS antenna. The unit has a lock code that must be input when it is first powered on. The factory set code is 0000.
awesome after reading this I went ahead and bought it. I couldn't pass the opportunity.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm super excited, it should be arriving next week. I'll post pics up as soon as I install it.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I have the OEM nav system in my 2014 electric.

Personal preference, but I prefer the Pioneer system in my 2008?

Most aftermarket systems are also less expensive?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the pioneer Avic D3 on my 08 cabriolet and I hated it... slow, very old looking interface among other things. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
em,

Did you get this from an individual or mail order? I have been wanting to add that to my 2014 Boconcept.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good morning! I added vinyl to the surrounding plastic frame of the NAVI unit, what do you guys think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts