Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

Went to the local Pep Boys and found this. Only $8...........Looks good and perfect color match.

If you will get one, replace double sided tape with 3M double side gray molding tape. Original tape is white and also failed in the Florida heat.

If you do not have it in your local store, you can get it online here:

http://www.autobarn.net/type-s-convenience-holder.html?site=google_base

CUBE

·
Registered
338 Posts
Like this idea, not too much storage in the smart...Pep Boys closes in eight minutes so I'll pick-up one tomorrow morning. Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Chose the easy way: use the plastic/cardboard/net document pocket. It sticks (Velcro) to the material at the base of the shifter box...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Doesn't it impede the passenger seat? I looked at my car this morning and it seems that there's really NO room between the console and the seat.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doesn't it impede the passenger seat? I looked at my car this morning and it seems that there's really NO room between the console and the seat.

Nope,
It is not interfere with passenger seat at all. You can slide passenger seat back and forth and you have plenty of clearance. Make sure you test location before attaching the pocket.
Driver side is a different story....

CUBE

·
Registered
338 Posts
Was at the local PepBoys store this morning at 8:00 AM, they had six in stock for $8.99. Picked-up one, had the 3M double-sided tape at home. Easily peeled off the stock white double sided tape, wiped all surfaces down with alcohol, applied tape to pouch, peeled off the wax paper and applied pouch to lower front of the consol. Really like this mod...thanks Cubefx ever so much for your information! The pouch is a perfect color match to the consol. The smart can always use extra storage space, or at least I think so!!!:rolleyes:

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Nope,
It is not interfere with passenger seat at all. You can slide passenger seat back and forth and you have plenty of clearance. Make sure you test location before attaching the pocket.
Driver side is a different story....
CUBE
Yep, just has to go a little towards the front, but looks good...almost like it was meant to go there!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts