Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2013 Smart Passion and need advice on where to buy fluids and spare parts. I am in Dayton Ohio with the closest service center 38 miles away in Cincinnati. Starting Questions:
would it be "smart" to buy oil, filters, antifreeze, washer fluid, car wax etc from my local O'Reilly's? Or do I really need to buy the "authorized" stuff? Anyone have a take on the best service center ? Columbus / Cincinnati? that should get me started. :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
28,775 Posts
Welcome to SCoA, always good to see another local owner here. :)

You can find whatever you want locally; Walmart usually has some good deals on Mobil 1 with a filter. I've been taking our 2011 to Gateway Auto on Wilmington Pike for several years now; they are up to speed on the 451 smarts and do excellent work. Cincy has some good techs; they did a head replacement on our car last year and it's running great.

Stay tuned for more info here: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f90/ohio-april-fools-ix-can-am-smart-rally-7-9-april-2017-a-128010/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2013 Passion, the panorama roof, I understand it's not glass, is there a particular cleaner/wax product I should use? Car Wax? RainX?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad the Market is more mature

sounds like plenty of opportunity in the Dayton Area for parts and service. :D I've had my smart for 3 weeks and have filled up twice, everyone does a double take, it's interesting to see the look I get when I fill up for 20.00 dollars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
talking to a friend of mine who used to own Smart, he sold his after being shunned when he took the car for service at the local smart service center, apparently he was treated so badly that when he finished the service he drove out of the parking lot and into another car dealership, sold the smart and bought a Fiat.
so much for dealership service I think

·
Super Moderator
28,775 Posts
Might have been the previous smart center in Kings Auto Mall, next door to a Fiat dealer. The current Cincy smart center is, in my opinion, very good on customer service and repairs. Dealership support of the smart brand, not so much.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts