Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say they really drive different.
I love how high the smart was was much higher to sit then the fiat.
How ever the fiat is not that low, driving on the freeways is very different, the smart would get caught in the wind and I always held the wheel with both hands, the Fiat, has no problem with wind at all and glide along very easy.
And I can fit so much in the Fiat it's really crazy, and that's one thing I really needed. All and all I love the gauges and blu and me .

That said they were both great rides

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
:)I'm sure the Fiat has its own great attributes, yet the smart is so unique because it's the only car which is 8'8'' in length...and the 450 is even shorter.
I'm not trying to justify the smart's faults I'm just emphasizing that there is nothing else out there. It's MICRO all the way and in a different class.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's is, but for me the extra storage room, was such a plus and it doesn't make so many noises, lol like going over a speed bump in cold weather....lol

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
The FIAT is much more sophisticated IMO, while I enjoy driving my smart (450), I got to say that the 500 was also a lot of fun to drive -- the more micros the better I say!!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Owning one of each they are very different machines. My smart is all decked out and the Fiat is a pop C a low level trim but the Fiat has more toys and a much plusher ride. The local Nappa store got me the flat belt for the smart but not the AC stretch belt. Getting the parts for service is a real PITA.
My kids will probably have to get rid of it when I die, I can't seem to let it go.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I own both cars currently, a 2012 passion and a 2013 500 sport.
I actually think the smart has more usable storage space than the 500 with the rear seats up. The smart has more thoughtful and useful storage cubbies than the 500. My 500 does have the beats audio system, so i do lose a bit of cargo space because of the sub.
The 500 does have better highway manners than the smart, i have to agree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts