Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone had a good time today. :) Other than parking, things went very well. Such is the life of doing some things spur of the moment. (Issue was, we couldn't find the lot, and Rob's cell was wrong. Gave someone at the Glen a funny 'help we're lost' call.)

I'm way beyond thankful for Smart Center Buffalo being so gracious with those cupcakes. Too freaking awesome. :) Today was a darn good day. Bringing an ED was a nice surprise, too! (They brought custom cupcakes with little Smarts and Smart logos on them. :D I'll have photos of those soon. Cute and delicious!)

16 Smarts - we doubled last year! Thanks, everyone! :D Already excited for year 3. :p

·
Registered
493 Posts
:DYes! my first Smart get together and we had a great time...!!!
We missed the lap around the track in our 05 S.MANN (by only a few minutes) and just maybe by chance we easily found the group looking for a suitable parking spot driving around in a congo line style inside at the track. Watkins Glen Race Track is situated among the top of one of the steepest valleys in NY overlooking Seneca Lake, and this years meet co-insided with the annual Wine Festival. The race track and its infields were literally packed with hundreds of campers of all shapes and sizes and its many roads made finding each other, and a spot not taken, a challenge itself. I wasnt expecting so many in one spot from all all over too!.. 16 doesnt seem like a lot, but together, lined up in a row , you could see we all had something in common.. I wanna thank everyone who attended, sorry i missed the cookout, and I intend on comming next year to what I hope will be even larger gathering of Smarts. Thanks to all who attended. Steve and Shelby George, Otisco NY.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Had a great time! Thank you for organizing it Skippy. Everyone was so nice and the track was a lot of fun. I just uploaded my pics to SmartUSAInsider. So go check them out, or you can go to my Flickr Photo Stream

Thank you to the Smart Center of Buffalo for the cupcakes and test-drive of the Smart ED! Very nice surprise!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Glad to see everyone had a good time. I'm still bummed I couldn't make it, but maybe next year!

Just looked at the pictures, looked like a good time. Pissed I missed it...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm way beyond thankful for Smart Center Buffalo being so gracious with those cupcakes. Too freaking awesome. :) Today was a darn good day. Bringing an ED was a nice surprise, too!
I spoke with Kelli that Friday while up having my headlight replaced and she noted the plan for visiting WG. I was, of course, sworn to secrecy until it happened. Just FYI: Her and her crew were up very early to drive down in time for the celebrations that morning from Buffalo.

The Buffalo office is full of very nice people, who had been struggling with being an odd orphan at first (part Penskie, part MB, etc). The dealership got behind them in 2009, as best they could while being split. Now with MB taking ownership of smartUS, you'll likely see more participation in "local" events, as long as you tell them about it. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Had a great time! Thanks Skippy! I've added a few photos on SmartUSAInsider and will have more soon.

All weekend I was wondering why my tailgate was tougher to open and close, and realizes I sheered a hinge pin off, likely stuffing the trunk with all of our camping gear and then some. Only a $2 casualty on my smart, I can live with that- even rolled over to 40K this weekend.

Anyways, had a great time and it was great meeting people. Ready for next year!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Had a great time! Thanks Skippy! I've added a few photos on SmartUSAInsider and will have more soon.

All weekend I was wondering why my tailgate was tougher to open and close, and realizes I sheered a hinge pin off, likely stuffing the trunk with all of our camping gear and then some. Only a $2 casualty on my smart, I can live with that- even rolled over to 40K this weekend.

Anyways, had a great time and it was great meeting people. Ready for next year!
ColonelPan1c, did you ever make it to Williamsport this week?

·
Registered
343 Posts
ColonelPan1c, did you ever make it to Williamsport this week?
I did indeed. Caught up with a lot of old friends, got my fill of Acme BBQ, had dinner at Johnson's in Montoursville (great food and impressive beer selection, one of my favorites around) and stocked up on some PA foods to bring home. Nice to meet you at Watkins Glen!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts