Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2016 ForTwo ED and it does not have cruise control.

I've looked on smartmadness.com, but only see units for the 451 and earlier.

I've also seen this post on reddit, so not really sure what my options are.

Can I get an OEM steering wheel with cruise control buttons and have the dealer enable cruise at the computer level?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmartCar/comments/70ux9a/smart_ed_cruise_control_tech_question/

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I found this on the German site, MisterDotCom, that is exactly what I need:

https://www.misterdotcom.de/produkt...two-451-cruisecontrol?number=MDC10516.4&c=159

Tomorrow, I am going to ask SmartMadness if they can source the kit, if not I will try to order directly from Germany.

Basically, it uses the existing control arm along with a toggle switch to go between controlling the cruise control vs. controlling the instrumentation console settings.

·
Registered
Smart Fortwo ED3 451
59 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
The Smart 451 ED3 build from 2012 til 2016 but not the 453 ED(4)/EQ will work with the MDC solution.

But there is also a possibility to activate the original feature. Means if you replace the steering wheel against an original (Mopf) one with cruise control buttons and/or recuperation paddles, you could activate this in the ECUs easily.
For recuperation paddles you need to code the N127/CEPC (recuperation paddle available) and KI451 (SAL feature to on).
For cruise control you need to code the N127/CEPC (tempomat active)

·
Registered
Smart Fortwo ED3 451
59 Posts
The Smart 451 ED3 build from 2012 til 2016 but not the 453 ED(4)/EQ will work with the MDC solution.

But there is also a possibility to activate the original feature. Means if you replace the steering wheel against an original (Mopf) one with cruise control buttons and/or recuperation paddles, you could activate this in the ECUs easily.
For recuperation paddles you need to code the N127/CEPC (recuperation paddle available) and KI451 (SAL feature to on).
For cruise control you need to code the N127/CEPC (tempomat active)
What equipment should be used to code those please?

Regards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.