Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SFT Cabrio
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Currently own a 2013 cabriolet and would like to install an aftermarket center tachometer. Interestingly it appears to have the MB logo. It has three cables which I can work with. Question is: Does the 2013 Cabriolet has the wiring already in place? Photos included. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
apparently all smarts are pre-wired for the tach and clock option.

On my 2011 the cables is taped on with tape similar to masking tape under the vent in the centre of the dash between the radio and windshield. It shut clips into place and easily removed and replaced.

where did you find it, and what is cost?

·
Registered
103 Posts
also looking at the wires they are common universal coded that being black for ground, red for positive or switched power, and yellow for constant power all the time. To my knowledge and experience smart use brown for ground

you have enough wires for a tack being red for power, black for ground and maybe yellow for tack, though extremely unusual.. What is the sound on the unit for.

·
Registered
2013 SFT Cabrio
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
apparently all smarts are pre-wired for the tach and clock option.

On my 2011 the cables is taped on with tape similar to masking tape under the vent in the centre of the dash between the radio and windshield. It shut clips into place and easily removed and replaced.

where did you find it, and what is cost?
EBay $12-$13

1 - 4 of 4 Posts