Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a tachometer for my 2014 Smartcar Pure. I tried several that plugged into the OBD2 port. Finally I got what I wanted. It can display a lot of things, but I have mine showing the digital speed and rpm only. About $35 on Amazon. It's called a HUB P8.

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do my own maintenance and the flashing wrench goes away in a few seconds after starting the car. I have no maintenance issues. And to answer smart. I ran the cable to the OBD2 outlet down by the right hand pocket. I personally like where I mounted the unit. It's easy to see and I can look over it to see the gas gauge, odometer, etc. Works for me.

· Registered
2013 Smart Passion
23 Posts
I bought one of these and like it so far. Thankfully after playing around with it and reading the manual I got the annoying LEDs around the circumference to shut ott. It's nice have a tach and being able to see coolant temp among other things for under $35. There's several different screen display options, and I have it set to show MPH, RPM, coolant temp and voltage.

Font Automotive tire Audio equipment Auto part Camera accessory

· Premium Member
311 Posts
I wanted a tachometer for my 2014 Smartcar Pure. I tried several that plugged into the OBD2 port. Finally I got what I wanted. It can display a lot of things, but I have mine showing the digital speed and rpm only. About $35 on Amazon. It's called a HUB P8.
I have the same gauge on my 451 which fits nicely where the A-pillar meets the dash. I already have a tach so mine is set to display oil and water temperature.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts