Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving home from work last night, after about ten minutes the airbag light came on out of nowhere. I stopped to get gas and when I started the car again, the light was out. About 5 min of driving it was back on.

This morn, I went outside to check on it and when I started the car, it's out again. Haven't driven yet today so not sure if it will come back on.

I thought that once the light was on, it had to be cleared at dealership. I see that the airbag light is fairly common but it seems to stay on. Anyone else ever see an intermittent light issue?

The only weird thing is that before leaving work last night, I adjusted the passenger seat a little forward to make room for a bag in back. Today I put the seat back in it's rear position.

The car is brand new and I don't stuff anything under the seat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the light will reset itself? And the connection just happens to fix itself every time I turn the car off then on?

That's what is throwing me off.

·
Super Moderator
28,251 Posts
That's why I said just a guess....:wink: If you'd like the definitive answer you can visit your smart center.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the fault get stored in the computer or will I have to make sure the light is on when I go there?

If it's intermittent and it doesn't happen to be on when I pull into the dealership I can just see them saying 'umm, the light isn't on, there's nothing wrong'.

Well, I guess we'll see if it comes back on today.

·
Registered
536 Posts
this same thing happened to me after I picked it up from a car wash, the light was on about 2min after I started driving, pulled over and restarted the car and it was gone...

·
Super Moderator
28,251 Posts
If the light stays out you are probably OK. If it keeps coming back there is 1) probably a stored code and 2) probably something in the SRS system that needs to be fixed. Car is under warranty so let the "smart" guys have a look at it. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, after driving it around today............no light. I guess it's fixed...:think: :alien2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts