Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help if possible. My passenger air bag warning light has been on for over a year, finally found someone to scan the car yesterday. My closest dealer is 700 mile round trip. Wondering if this might be a DYI fix. Getting ready to sell to make room for a 2017 cab. CODE: B1053 The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/2 Right Emergency tensioning retractor (ETR) ignition squib is too high. Can anyone make sense of this. I would like to try a local mechanic all the info I can get beforehand would be helpful. Thanks

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Check for a loose connector under the passenger seat. That turned out to be my problem.

It's scary you've been driving around with that light on for a year. It's my understanding that if there's a fault indication, the air bags are deactivated.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Need some help if possible. My passenger air bag warning light has been on for over a year, finally found someone to scan the car yesterday. My closest dealer is 700 mile round trip. Wondering if this might be a DYI fix. Getting ready to sell to make room for a 2017 cab. CODE: B1053 The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/2 Right Emergency tensioning retractor (ETR) ignition squib is too high. Can anyone make sense of this. I would like to try a local mechanic all the info I can get beforehand would be helpful. Thanks
It is telling you the igniter circuit for the right seat belt retractor is high resistance just like it says. It could also be a open circuit, or disconnected. Follow the wire from the right side belt retractor until you get to the connector, then disconnect and reconnect the connector and see what you get. It probably goes below the carpet to get under the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts