Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can someone tell me what's going on here? Is this the wrong hose for this compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts

Can someone tell me what's going on here? Is this the wrong hose for this compressor?

Hi Chris. I can't give you any first hand advice about your factory air compressor other than what I've read and collected pictures of. Mine was missing when I bought the car. I wemt to Harbor Freight and bought a small compressor for under $10 that fit in the space in the stryofoam insert perfectly. But I still dont't have the can/bottle of tire sealant that you pump into the flt tire to seal it so you can drive it to be repaired. The first pic I had shows the air compressor open but the hose isn't out, but I can see that yellow /orange big knob like thing on the picture and it appears to match the one on your hose.

It should have a bottle of sealant that screws onto the comporessor or the hose so that the compressor draws the sealant out of the bottle and pumps it into the tire.

Sorry I can't be of more help. DCO Lonnie.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Chris as a follow up, apparently they have used more than one type of tire pump over the years. I have found at least two different types as the picture of your pump is different than the pics I posted that I found. I found a very bad video of flat tire options on the Smart by "Seasparkles" on you tube. It' s a video with some information that's wrong, but it does give a person a chance to see the other style of compressor and tire sealant bottle.I guess they really tried and I give them credit for that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sma...ved=0ahUKEwje0rKbwvXPAhWLNSYKHa5RBG0Q_AUIBygC

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chris. I can't give you any first hand advice about your factory air compressor other than what I've read and collected pictures of. Mine was missing when I bought the car. I wemt to Harbor Freight and bought a small compressor for under $10 that fit in the space in the stryofoam insert perfectly. But I still dont't have the can/bottle of tire sealant that you pump into the flt tire to seal it so you can drive it to be repaired. The first pic I had shows the air compressor open but the hose isn't out, but I can see that yellow /orange big knob like thing on the picture and it appears to match the one on your hose.

It should have a bottle of sealant that screws onto the comporessor or the hose so that the compressor draws the sealant out of the bottle and pumps it into the tire.

Sorry I can't be of more help. DCO Lonnie.

I think I have the wrong hose for my pump. I have the bottle of sealant but my hose doesn't work with this compressor. They came with the car so who knows what happened before I got it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What year is your Smart? There is 2 different compressors and 2 types of sealant bottles. The one in the pic is the earlier type. The one your pic (the first pic) is a later type.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year is your Smart? There is 2 different compressors and 2 types of sealant bottles. The one in the pic is the earlier type. The one your pic (the first pic) is a later type.

Mine is a 2013. I have the white bottle of sealant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts