Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Sitting right above that radio screen is your Can bus A.C. controller. You might want to mention those water spots.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Picked up the car today and so far the AC is working fine. Keeping my fingers crossed. However when I got home this afternoon from the dealer I noticed the daytime LED lights are not working now. I re-activated them according to the manual and nothing. I called back the service department and the guy said are your headlights set to auto? Unfortunately it was getting to late in the day because when set to auto the headlights went on because it was starting to get dark outside so the LED lights would have gone off anyway. Besides, aren't the LED daytime lights just suppose to go on without the lights being set to auto? I will have to check in the morning. Not feeling too warm and fuzzy about this car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sitting right above that radio screen is your Can bus A.C. controller. You might want to mention those water spots.
I did mention this today when I picked up the car even though the water spots are now gone. The service department didn't feel like that had anything to do with the AC issues. I guess I will find out if it happens again after another big rain storm. Thank goodness for car warranties.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Based on comments...you seem to know very little about the staffing & training parameters at a Mercedes/Smart service department...for the most part these dealerships are staffed with very competent & well trained technicians...the new breed of franchised trained automotive technician's can easily make more than 100K a year...to be a successful automotive technician in today's complicated automotive world...a good head on your shoulders is a must!
Sounds great Houstonsmart. So many of us have had less than superlative diagnostic service success, and often times red headed stepchild treatment.
I was asked by a Mercedes Service Tech. "why did you buy this when you could have had a Mercedes?"
So, if we seem doubtful forgive us because of our extensive collective experience. It's not always been pretty.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Picked up the car today and so far the AC is working fine. Keeping my fingers crossed. However when I got home this afternoon from the dealer I noticed the daytime LED lights are not working now. I re-activated them according to the manual and nothing. I called back the service department and the guy said are your headlights set to auto? Unfortunately it was getting to late in the day because when set to auto the headlights went on because it was starting to get dark outside so the LED lights would have gone off anyway. Besides, aren't the LED daytime lights just suppose to go on without the lights being set to auto? I will have to check in the morning. Not feeling too warm and fuzzy about this car.
Well, how are the LED daytime running lights?
I still feel warm and fuzzy about this car, just not the service experience.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Good one stretch. I was too blown away other than to say, I didn't want one of those, I wanted one of these!
It is still what I want. Convertible, sequential manual transmission with paddle shifters, Brabus suspension, and air dams and rear fascia, twin exhaust, etc., etc. Still loving this car. It replaced a 95 white parade float Sedan Deville as a much more responsible commuter, and now our main go to vehicle and my favorite 1 Liter TOY. The only thing that could possibly make me enjoy it any more would be one of Barney's Turbo kits, should I win the Lottery and should he be willing to make one more. :D No worries Barney, I rarely play the lottery. :D

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
The LED lights are daytime lights only. If the headlamps are on then the LED's will not turn on. The LED lights only turn on when the headlamps are "OFF" or when the 'Auto' feature determines headlights need to be off and the LED's on. If the LED's are not functioning, the computer will need to be reset with the LED feature activated by the service department. It is a relatively common oversight at times. . .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The LED lights are daytime lights only. If the headlamps are on then the LED's will not turn on. The LED lights only turn on when the headlamps are "OFF" or when the 'Auto' feature determines headlights need to be off and the LED's on. If the LED's are not functioning, the computer will need to be reset with the LED feature activated by the service department. It is a relatively common oversight at times. . .
Thanks so much for the feedback. I left two messages and my husband left one for the service manager on Saturday, but no call back from anyone. I am aware that the running lights only turn on when the headlamps are off. I did try and reset the LED as per the manual, but no go. I will be calling back tomorrow and sharing the information you gave regarding the computer being reset by them. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If the LED's are not functioning, the computer will need to be reset with the LED feature activated by the service department. It is a relatively common oversight at times. . .
Turns out that was exactly the problem and they delivered the car back to me in about two hours. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only had my 2013 passion coupe two weeks, but it's already spent most of the second week at the dealers waiting for a new AC compressor and fuse to be ordered and installed in the car. The service department said there was a defective part that caused the problem. They gave me a loaner while my car was in for service. I picked up the car late this afternoon and the AC seemed to work fine for about a 15 minutes, and now it's back to working sporadically again. I'm frustrated as I love my new Smart, but what's up with the AC??? Anyone else have this kind of problem. The car has a whopping 800 miles on it so far. :(
I’m sorry to hear that . I love my 2012 smart car so much! It had 38,000 miles on it never had a problem w it . The air was freezing on high ! I would have to turn it down . Then I took it in for 50.000 service . I pick it up today they told me oh we put Freon in the air conditioner. im driving home and I’m so pissed off it’s blowing cool air ,not cold. Then when you sitting at light it’s changing the fan speed . So I wanted to ask did you take it somewhere to get something else done and then the air messed up?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts