Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJf1a-86X6Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJf1a-86X6Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
798 Posts
So perhaps this should be a new thread, but, how much aggression do you anticipate you/we may get from manly men in their testosterone-mobiles? In my Prius I used to get guys in big trucks tailgating me and then swerving around to get in front of me, etc. and no I was not driving 12 mph in a 55mph zone.

No offense to the self-proclaimed manly men on this forum, BTW :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
So perhaps this should be a new thread, but, how much aggression do you anticipate you/we may get from manly men in their testosterone-mobiles? In my Prius I used to get guys in big trucks tailgating me and then swerving around to get in front of me, etc. and no I was not driving 12 mph in a 55mph zone.

Gradually slow down from 80 to 55MPH in a 55mph zone and see what happens. :eek:

·
Registered
533 Posts

I ride a motorcycle most of the time. You'd be AMAZED at how much that seems to threaten the aforementioned "Machos". I can't tell you how many times some backwoods goat lover has tried to do me in on the road just because I had the audacity to ride a motorcycle.

I suspect that the oil companies won't be able to keep their margins as tight as they are right now (higher crude prices with little or no pump increase). I hate to be this way because I'm really not all that green and my neck isin't pearly white but I really do think that most of the redneck problem around here is caused by people who won't be driving much when gas hits four bucks a gallon.

Hey, green, white and red... what is that... France?

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Plan on all kinds of attention

Both good and bad. When I had my 63 Saab 93 back in the mid 60's, I got teased so much and screwed with so much on the road you would not believe it. You either have to just be happy and smile back at them kinda ignorantly or stick your tongue out at them and floor it and be ready for the ride of your life. A guy with a black 327 Chevy used to hassle me all the time cause I was dating a girl from his little town and he didn't like it that I had such a different car I guess. He would try torun me off the road and all kinds of nice things like that.
Yes, Shanna....I would plan on all kinds of attention. Having a minigun mounted on your rear tailgate might help some....:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yes, Shanna....I would plan on all kinds of attention. Having a minigun mounted on your rear tailgate might help some....:eek: :eek:
I always imagined mounting a spring-loaded, oversized, weighted boxing glove to the front of my car--but I first started driving in a '66 bug :) Of course I'd like to think the attention is for me and not the car, but whatever works :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts