Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Airscoope-Lufteinlass-smart-fortwo-451-schwarz-ohne-Bohren-Klebemontage/362343880056

This appears to be the right one. It is above my price point so I will continue to look. If I was in the UK visiting I would be inclined to bring
it back. Wait a minute says item is in Willich, Germany. Any how this unicornis out there and some day I will run it down at my price point. Or keep feeding my sock drawer to make my price point meet this item lol
It does look real nice, a lot better than the one I have..........Hmm:rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Generic Ebay silicone intake tube, stock airbox, New Wix air filter

61hp, 58tq

Thanks for the dyno information. It's helpful to see all of these configurations.

From the charts, I notice the torque comes on much earlier and stays throughout the range. The HP also comes a bit earlier, around 5900 rpm. The Wix filter appears to be a little better than the K&N around the 5200 - 5300 rpm range. In the same range the K&N dips a little on both torque and HP. I'm guessing there is a shift event that happens during that time?

In any case, given the same torque, the K&N only shows a 1hp advantage. Depending on the cost of the filters, this isn't really that much.

Do you have the part numbers for the Wix and K&N air filter used?

41 - 43 of 43 Posts