Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happens to water that goes in the intake vent.....is there a water trap/drain between the neck and air filter where it drains out?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm sure there is a drain hole located most likely in the base of the filter box , since it draws air from the bottom of the air box .

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you Joe for the detailed info, it is always nice to have someone go the extra mile and add a personal touch to a question/problem instead of being left hi and dry. some of us do have some limitations.

it is ALWAYS nice to talk to you and the goodwill goes a long way compared to something in black and white

·
Registered
906 Posts
what happens to water that goes in the intake vent.....is there a water trap/drain between the neck and air filter where it drains out?
Terry,
Great talking to you again, and I'm glad I could answer your question minus the sarcasm.

Good luck with those new rims.

Take Care

JL

·
Registered
729 Posts
From what I can tell, there is also a set of baffles and hoses inside the panels between the vent and air box. These baffles should be able to keep water out of airbox unless you’re submerged to the point that the vent is also under water, at which point you have bigger worries than just water in the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts