Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I posted this in another category on accident.

I have a relatively new 2016 453. About 3 weeks ago, the alarm started going off randomly. Always on Friday morning at exactly 5:04AM for some reason. I unlock and re-lock it from my house and it goes off over and over until I go outside end start it for a minute. I’ve checked the bonnet sensor and tailgate and would like to avoid another trip to the dealer over this. Anybody know how to just disable the alarm altogether? I don’t mind having it off as I have touch-sensitive 4K cameras installed in the front and rear. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s the factory alarm. When I lock it, it does beep. But I’ve noticed on the nights when it goes off, if I go outside and unlock/lock once it does not beep. The regularity of the time it goes off is strange for sure..

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 2017 Smart Fortwo ED I drive had car alarm problems. I have read other threads that describe a similar problem regarding the consistency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update...

I found some posts on here mentioning the little alarm trigger under the bonnet, driver’s side. There is a plastic rivet Mercedes installed into my bonnet to depress the sensor fully and it seemed to not be working. I followed a guide on Evilution showing where this is and padded it with some duct tape! If it’s stupid and it works, it ain’t stupid! No ghost alarms so far. Fingers crossed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts