Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the lure for cow tippers, I think it would be a good idea. Anyone know whether it is part of the Smart alarm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
yep. They are equipped with motion sensors from the factory. Its located under the center console behind the ignition cylinder.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
There are also movement sensors inside the the passenger compartment you can switch off should you rush off for your Grey pupon with you little dog riding shotgun
karl

·
Registered
162 Posts
Correct, all motion sensors (interior and overall) can be switched off using the dash button. Just push it within 60 seconds of pulling the key, exit the car and hit the lock button on your key. The car is locked and alarmed against forced entry, but all motion sensors are disabled.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Correct, all motion sensors (interior and overall) can be switched off using the dash button. Just push it within 60 seconds of pulling the key, exit the car and hit the lock button on your key. The car is locked and alarmed against forced entry, but all motion sensors are disabled.
that's a good factoid, thanks! ...think I'll move this over to the FAQS forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I apparently have a defective motion sensor because my alarm keeps going off. When I disable it with the towing button, it doesn't go off for no reason. I called my dealer and they said it would be over $400 to replace the sensor. Is it possible to permanently disable the sensor? Perhaps just disconnect it. I don't really need it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is your car in or out of warrantee?
Hi Terry Stibal - or anyone else that can help,
Only 7 years later and you get a reply... but, yes it is out of warranty.
I have to say, the motion sensor is driving me mad. I really wish to disable it permanently.
I have been using the button on dash but often forget.
Surely there is a way to disable it completely. Maybe hotwire the disable button?
Or, if anyone knows where the sensors are, maybe I could wrap them in aluminium foil considering they are microwave.
I forgot to add it is a ForFour (454) 2005 model - 6 speed auto, still running great in Brisbane, Australia with 196,000 km on the clock.
By the way, one of my bonnet airflow grills (Well actually they are plastic, fake and stuck on - just look good) blew off. Anyone know where I can get a replacement set?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
On the 451 it is near the shifter. If aluminum foil works well to stop the microwave, can you try to wrap the center area where the shifter is? I know it is ugly looking to people who may take a peek into your smart, but worth a shot to just narrow down where it is.......

If you have a VIN you don’t mind sharing I could try to look through EPC to see if I could find it......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts