Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,758 Posts
Unless you hit an immovable object since taking delivery, that says "go back" all over it . . .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So was just told we must have hit a pothole or something. Bent Strut, Bent Rim, & a bubble in the tire(I didn't see that...). Doesn't suprise me on these damn Indiana roads!! Anyway of course it's not covered under warranty and it'll cost $1200 to repair. Waiting on an call back from Insurance to verify coverage. 2 hour drive home so do I risk it and drive it back or leave and get a rental to go home...hmmmm

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone else drive your car.......? :shrug:

Curious how someone could do that much damage hitting a pothole, and not have noticed!

We have 2 smarts and they are used as Delivery vehicles for our pizza restaurant. I drive them frequently myself as well. I believe this happened the weekend of June 4th & 5th. It was the 7th when the Traction control light was reported to me. I drove it and it drove perfectly straight no pull nothing. I never would have guessed what I was told. Needless to say my drivers and I will be having a meeting to discuss proper reporting of these instances as it goes against the contract they have signed. I'm upset it happened but I'm more upset I wasn't told it happened! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1465972308.668749.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has been like this since new. Everything up front looks normal. Do you have pictures of the damage by chance?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wheel and tire coverage looks good right about now..that would be 50 bucks for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts