Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I alone with this thought. The political boundaries that make up the states mean much less to me than the places that I enjoy going...
divided we fall
karl

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the flu, should pass. Actually My rant on the Northeast region being chopped up into something that does nothing for me.
karl

·
Registered
194 Posts
You are not alone Karl. The same thing was done in the Northwest. My theory is they want to encourage clubs, then the clubs will have to be dealer sponsored. That is when the dues begin cause someone has to pay for all the fun. It happened with Harley (Hog). I suppose we will be turned into SMOG. Smart Owners Group. Evidently we must be catagorized and organized to a higher authoritys benefit. I do not have the flu, and the sun is shining.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
You are not alone Karl. The same thing was done in the Northwest. My theory is they want to encourage clubs, then the clubs will have to be dealer sponsored. That is when the dues begin cause someone has to pay for all the fun. It happened with Harley (Hog). I suppose we will be turned into SMOG. Smart Owners Group. Evidently we must be catagorized and organized to a higher authoritys benefit. I do not have the flu, and the sun is shining.

Fredders - it sounds like you are leading a grass roots effort to reshape the political landscape of SCOA. :rolleyes:

:cheers:
Carry on.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
:sunshine::badidea:

The sun is shining brightly here too.

There is frustration in the PNW because, in a matter of a couple months, we were really picking up steam and getting rolling, finding out what works and who was where and their interests and getting together for events.

Now it's like a fence has been put up in every yard in the neighborhood, making it less easy to drop by the neighbor's yard and seemingly less friendly.

Who's idea was this again?

:frustration:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Karl, What specifically; do you think would work for the Northeast?
I live about a 5 min walk from the CT border my car was delivered from one of the CT dealers. The get-togethers that I have been part of have been in OH and RI. If smart sold as many cars as Toyota there would be more folks around the only thing this does in my view is exclude views from the discussion some may see that as a positive I do not.
I don't see this as just a Northeast Issue the web makes us all neighbors of sorts regardless of where in the world we happen to be. "hearing" how people perceive our car in different areas is interesting to me. The folks in LA breaking off was the start, I miss many of the views from that perspective.
I think Oktoberfest is good for the flu
Thanks for asking
and thanks to all that support a larger view. It should include even those that curl your toenails, that's freedom regardless of what "Janis" sang and it is raining in my part of New England.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts