Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! It was such a great meet! I'm glad I got to meet everyone that was there, you were all so nice! Anyways I'll cut to the chase which are the photos since I have to leave and get to the airport.

The FULL RESOLUTION of the two photos below (with people and without) are here: http://www.littodevil.com/pictures/littosmart/infineonmeet/DSC03173.JPG

and... SMART cars only: http://www.littodevil.com/pictures/littosmart/infineonmeet/DSC03176.JPG

I did my best taking these shoots in the air with a point and shoot camera at 7 mp and also trying not to fall off the ladder so I hope you all like it!

Here's me since I wasn't able to be in the group shot (duh.. can't be in two places at once.. ha ha..)

And these are some photos I snapped on the way there...

Hanging out before lunch..

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

You can see the big ladder I was on, even with our cars being so tiny, still needed to be high up to get everyone one in :)

And on our way to turn.. uh 7? SMARTcross time!!!

Below you'll see us driving around learning the course first, where to go and where to turn :p

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeaaaa.. hmmm... the last two shots are basically... DavidV put an egg on top of a orange cone.. and we had to come in at full speed and then apply full brakes and see how "close" you can get to the cone with the egg without actually hitting the egg... The first time I did it I was probably 12 feet away... long story short, I hit the egg twice.. the second time I came in a litto too hot and I ran into the egg or... the egg ran into my cow.. =P.. haha (look near the bottom of the windshield)

That's all folks! Thanks so much to WORK, DavidV and everyone there that showed up! It was so much fun! And... I had a BLAST!!! Those who stayed near the end of the drive know why... haha...

Cheers!
-Larry

·
Registered
414 Posts
..."Those who stayed near the end of the drive know why... haha..."

Let's just say that Larry is a... ahem,... bold driver.

Good job on the ladder shots. I'll get mine downloaded shortly.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Look as if everyone had the appropriate amount of FUN!!!! Great Pics!!! Makes me wish I still lived in California.......Well, Maybe not, but sorry I couldn't be there too!! Congratulations to everyone involved for putting together a great performance meet!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
..."Those who stayed near the end of the drive know why... haha..."

Let's just say that Larry is a... ahem,... bold driver.
Lol, The crowd began chanting "Go Cow GO!".

I posted a video of the antics for those who wish to see on the link "Screaming Cow" vs Fiero. That was more fun than cow tipping!

Great show!:smartje.bl.zw:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great bunch of photos and the video of the screamin cow was hilarious!!! I just bought my Smart Friday, June 27th in San Jose. It's black/silver/black and I have been calling it "The Black Marlin".
I had to drive back to SJ to pick up my gas hog pickup truck and saw a group of 6 or 8 Smart fortwo's crossing the Golden Gate by Vista Point north on Hwy 101 at 10:30am and I told myself that there was probably a club gathering or car meet up north and I was right. Did a google for smart car club sf and got the info on the gathering at Infineon. So sorry I missed all of you being a day late....
I realized my car makes the perfect statement for an Oakland Raiders fan! The Silver and Black Attack vehicle! I was born in Oakland and am a fan but not up to putting a Raiders sticker on the car. I did put a black pirates flag on the dash!
Well, got to go clean the windshield on my new car and look forward to meeting the group on the next outing to the Santa Cruz Mountains on July 6th.

Got Smart!

·
Registered
759 Posts
More picture

This was a great meet and I wanted to thank DavidV for pulling it together. I hope we have another one in the future -- after I make a few mods to my bone stock smart.

Here are a few more pictures. There is one or two good ones that someone may want to print.

best

geosynch

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Thanks everyone for making this a truly memorable event. I learned a lot about what goes into planning an event like this, and while looking back there are definitely areas for improvement, I can say that I personally had a great time and enjoyed the camaraderie of fellow Smart Owners.

For those that stayed to the not-so-bitter end, we had come unexpected treats along the way including taking the WORKS Evo X out on the course and a really great barbecue/beer bash courtesy of the NASA folks.

The day closed out with mad dash to get Dan (Smartune) back to SFO for the last flight out to Seattle and we made it with literally seconds to spare.

Anyway, I wanted to thank Pete and the entire WORKS crew, Doug Gold, Derek from Smart Center San Jose, Jason from Smart Center Sacramento, DriverSide.com, as well as our fearless instructors and everyone else that helped make the event so much fun.

I'm really looking forward to the Lombard Street meet and will be happy to lend a hand with that and help however I can.

Thanks again everyone - and definitely keep the pics and videos coming!

-- DavidV :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
My First Smart Rally

Dear David,

I can't thank you enough for putting together a fantastic "smart" day of useful technical information, corporate news, driving techniques, camaraderie and downright FUN! From both personal experience and yesterday's tutorials, lunch and raffles, the folks at WORKS as well as the regional dealerships offered us a wonderful time. I feel better about driving my smart today than I ever did before!

As a natural extension of the great relationships that have been engendered through the SCOA Forum, I really hope regional smart rallies like yesterday's will offer everyone an excellent chance to share their smart experiences and strengthen the personal friendships that come about through sharing a common interest - our smarts!

A FINE JOB! :toot:
Bob :)

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Hey guys,

If anyone that attended could write up a story about this event I would love to publish it to the homepage.

Thanks,
SMART

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hey guys,

If anyone that attended could write up a story about this event I would love to publish it to the homepage.

Thanks,
SMART
I'd be happy to do it, and this is great exposure for the NorCal chapter, but it would probably be better coming from someone other than the event organizer.

-- DavidV :D

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
i can write something up. David V, can you give me the people's names from your team, the vendors, smart factory, and the dealership folks from san jose, sacramento? i don't want to forget anyone :)
Absolutely - I'll have the list of names off to you tonight.

Thanks,
DavidV :D

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Looking at your alls pictures makes me very excited about the meet and greet im going to here in wonderful Northern Virgina just outside of your nations capitol. Pity i don't have my Smartie named "Buzzy" as of yet ( Unitl June 2009 unless i get a good orphan), but i can always look at everyone elses, and hopefully get somebody to let me take a spin in one in the parking lot. Ok wishful thinking.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts