Smart Car of America Forum banner

Almost A Clone

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  uberpanzer 
#1 ·
Went to CostCo in Poway on Saturday in my Black/Black on Red Passion and passed a Black/Silver on Red Passion on Scripps Poway Parkway. Ended up seeing the car in the HomeDepot parking lot but didn't spot the driver. Anyone on here?

See less See more
#4 ·
The camera angle makes the car on the left look shorter as you can see more of the side of the car and see how short it is. The car on the right is almost a head on view and looks taller as it is closer to the camera by a little bit.
The black mouth on the right makes it look meaner like it is going to eat the one on the left with the tiny mouth and the big silver smile.
I've thought about outlining the smile on mine with that light wire that wouldn't be apparent until I pressed a button so I could flash a smile. :D

#6 ·
Steroids? Maybe THAT is why my Smart seems a little faster than most. :)

But yes, optical illusions due to the camera angle and the differences in colorings (silver accents vs all black). I think I pulled up a slight bit farther into the parking stall too, so it would be even closer to the camera. My car (the 'bigger one') is on stock suspension but with aftermarket wheels/tires. The one with the silver trim looked to have been 100% stock, including the wheels/tires. I don't think my wheels/tires would lift the car any, pretty sure I matched the tire ratios correctly so that overall diameter was unchanged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.