Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an alternate place in San Francisco to get the smart serviced other than Mercedes of San Francisco? The $270 for the first service is a bit steep but we would still like to get everything on the checklist checked off to avoid voiding the warrenty.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Having your car serviced ANYWHERE including your own garage or driveway will not void the warranty. However, if you feel more comfortable having someone that is familiar with the smart cars do the service work, then by all means do so. My personal experience with dealerships is almost all negative so they will see my car only if it has a warranty issue. If I didn't do my own work, I would find an independent shop with a tech who has an interest in something other than the run of the mill un-smart cars on the road. He might care enough to do more than the bare minimum and you might get a lot more for your money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a shop out there in the SF Bayarea that takes care of Smart Cars?

<<I would find an independent shop with a tech who has an interest in something other than the run of the mill un-smart cars on the road. He might care enough to do more than the bare minimum and you might get a lot more for your money.>>

Any body know of a shop that does this work, I don't have the knowledge to do this stuff on my own, so any suggestions would be great.
Thank you,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had any luck in finding an alternative to SF Smart for service? I too find them a little steep. Thanks!

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,966 Posts
Has anyone had any luck in finding an alternative to SF Smart for service? I too find them a little steep. Thanks!
If you live in Petaluma, I have a guy in San Anselmo....

Thats a lot closer than going into the city.

All Autos, Inc.
781 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
San Anselmo, CA. 94960

Tel: 415 453-5801

·
5,298 Posts
Have you checked for any on this thread?

smart-1 Is the one you have listed in this thread? ok to add it if the location is new to the thread.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just had mine serviced by Litto Devil in Burlingame and he did a good job. This was my 2yr service (though I've only got 16K)... the price was waaaaay better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, I'm looking for someone to help me with smarty's blower. Anyone in SF, besides MB, doing good service on Smarts? Thanks in advance! I tried to find the places mentioned in this thread, but no luck so far.

·
Super Moderator
28,842 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The heater/ac blower had a little chirp to it. Audible only with going slow, or stopped, and no radio going. Just yesterday it stopped altogether. MB wants $151 to look at it, or nearly $500 to replace the blower motor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll take a closer look at the motor and connections. The MB service guy told me to "kick" the area to the right of the accelerator pedal. After gently giving the region my shoe, the blower came on. So I’m not sure if the blower motor is bad, or maybe something is loose?

This post probably belongs in a different thread now. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I just had mine serviced by Litto Devil in Burlingame and he did a good job. This was my 2yr service (though I've only got 16K)... the price was waaaaay better.
+1! I'd trust Larry with any service or repair on my car. He's done several upgrades for me, and since I'm out of warranty now I'll be making an appointment for my next service, the 20,000 mile one. As a smart owner himself, and as a tuner and turbo-modifier extraordinaire, he's seriously talented and knowledgeable. :D

(sorry, don't have the contact info for his shop, but I bet he'll reply to a pm on this board, member name LittoDeviL)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alternatives to SF Mercedes

Anyone know of an alternate place in San Francisco to get the smart serviced other than Mercedes of San Francisco? The $270 for the first service is a bit steep but we would still like to get everything on the checklist checked off to avoid voiding the warrenty.
I spent some time researching this, as I just can't give those folks any more of my $, yes it is expensive - but more than that the service is extremely poor.
Anyway....

I have not been to this mechanic yet, but he is well reviewed. I will post an update after I have a service. Fingers crossed for a viable alternative. :eek:

San Francisco
Nissi Motors
135 Clara Street
San Francisco, CA 94107

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not been to this mechanic yet, but he is well reviewed. I will post an update after I have a service. Fingers crossed for a viable alternative. :eek:

San Francisco
Nissi Motors
135 Clara Street
San Francisco, CA 94107

Hi,

Would you recommend Nissi Mottors for the smart car service?

Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts