Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been a fan of Rain X for your windshield. It works wonderfully especially at highway speeds because the water rolls into little droplets and the wind blows it from your windshield. So as a consequence over the past 3 years of driving my Smart I have always just used the intermittent wiper setting. Mine does not have the automatic wipers with the little eye behind the rear view mirror. The intermittent wipers are controlled by the SAM to a point in that at slower speeds or stopped the delay time for the wipers changes some. The faster you are driving the less delay between swipes within a certain range. Stopped the wipers swipe with their longest delay setting and that has always worked for me.
Well a couple of days ago I got caught on the interstate in a belly washer. It was coming down in buckets. Well I turned my wipers to low speed for the first time and they constantly cycled back and forth like you would expect them to. But what I had not known was that when I came to a stoplight with the wipers on low they automatically switch to intermittent speed and then when you start moving again they switch back to constant swiping. Haven't tried this on high to see if they go intermittent too. Maybe that was a feature demanded by Nicholas Hayek but I found that interesting. DCO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts