Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: SOLVED Am I the only one having trouble with the payment website??

financingfortwo.com gives me the error code:

Error

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties, so we are unable to process your request. We apologize for the inconvenience and invite you to try again later.

Been that way since last month. Tried it on Win and Android and multiple computers.

Don't want to have to keep calling to pay bill. Long hold times for customer service so I haven't been able to talk to anyone about the issue yet. Have an email sent but it's the holidays so I don't think I'll hear back for a while.

SOLVED
Finally found someone who could fix the problem for me. It took a few rounds of phone calls and emails. Here's the fix:

Re-register on the payment site
Above the login box, click "Register"
Use a different user ID than your current one. I was using my email, now I'm using a non-email ID
I used the same password
Under the account number, make sure you enter 13 digits
After doing that, you should be able to login as normal with the new credentials
Discard your old login info

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Yup yup, I'm late on my payment because the site is still down as of two months ago. Then when you do decide to answer their phone calls (I get a call every 2 hours), they try to charge you $15 for making your payment. You know...because you should have to pay for an issue they created and are blatantly ignoring..

Oh, and even more amusing is that sometimes when I answer I'm put on hold for as long as 30 minutes. Why even call me if nobody is going to be on the other end?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I had set up an automatic payment from my savings account. I didn't need to do anything after that. Hopefully you can set this up as well, whenever they get the site back up!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Haha. I've been calling to make my payments for probably a year now. Put my bank info in when i tried to make a payment, submitted a payment... then got a call saying my payment was late several days later. Said i submitted one but apparently it didn't go through, so paid it over the phone. Went on the site to look, and one digit of my account number isn't there. Every time i try to change my account info, i just get a white screen and never can do anything. Nobody can seem to be able to help me with that, either. Annoying as hell.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Every time I call in I ask about the site, they act like I’m crazy.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Different browser, different device, different ISP. When I recently built my new PC I even tried that.

I wonder if they put a flag/note in our accounts that somehow broke them?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Oh believe me... i've gone through everything. First asking if i was using the proper site, telling me to try creating a new account (which is useless, since upon creating a new account, everything was still there, including the incorrect account info).... Just the other month was going through the usual spiel telling the guy on the phone about the issue i was having. He started looking into it, went to the financingfortwo site, and asked if he could have my sign on information so he could see what was going on, since their system is different... to which i obliged. He saw what was wrong... had no idea what caused it, and said he'd pass it along to the techs to see if they could figure out what was wrong, and i'd hear back from them. That was going on 3 months ago now.

To be honest, i seriously wish i could win the lottery for JUST enough to pay my car off so i wouldn't have to go through this annoying crap every month.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally found someone who could fix the problem for me. It took a few rounds of phone calls and emails. Here's the fix:

Re-register on the payment site
Above the login box, click "Register"
Use a different user ID than your current one. I was using my email, now I'm using a non-email ID
I used the same password
Under the account number, make sure you enter 13 digits
After doing that, you should be able to login as normal with the new credentials
Discard your old login info

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
THANK YOU Mr Pink!!! MBFS basically made me out to be a crazy person lol

Reactions: Mr Pink
1 - 10 of 10 Posts