Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos revealed an experimental drone-based delivery service on Sunday, in an ambitious move by the online retailer to capitalize on a technology still being used sparsely by American businesses. Bezos said the service, dubbed Amazon Prime Air, could be ready for customer use in “four or five years.”

“I know this looks like science fiction, it’s not,” Bezos said on 60 Minutes, adding that “this is early, this is still years away.”
:)

Amazon Prime Air: Jeff Bezons Unveils Drone Delivery System | TIME.com

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
For an unproven delivery system that is at best "still years away," great Amazon FREE ADVERTISING play on the eve of Cyber Monday by Bezos - the whole business world is abuzz about it this morning!

FedEx/UPS lobbyists are hard at work this morning to delay, delay, delay . . .

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Does a little articulated arm extend a little articulated finger and ring your doorbell? :p

I'm all in for this. Seems pretty darn cool of Amazon, which seems to be eager to make strides as of late to revolutionize parcel delivery.

·
17,352 Posts
As long as my iPhone 5's logic board antenna cable comes in today I don't care how much lobbying the USPS/UPS/Fedex/Royal Mail/DHL/TNT do! :rofl2:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Even if they could solve all the safety issues that would need to be considered, I'd be against it. Can you picture all the noise that hundreds, if not thousands of these stupid things would be making every day over your house? :eek:

Bob

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Even if they could solve all the safety issues that would need to be considered, I'd be against it. Can you picture all the noise that hundreds, if not thousands of these stupid things would be making every day over your house? :eek:

Bob

Let alone all the spinning blades to cause accidental injury...:eek:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I can see the remote pilots getting points for dropping the package on customer's heads or dive bombing the package through the window. I'd do it if I was controlling the drone:D

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
There are lots of ways that things could go wrong:

Amazon drones: nine ways it could go horribly wrong
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has unveiled plans for Amazon Prime Air, which allows the online retailer to use unmanned drones to deliver small packages. Daniel Johnson speculates on nine ways the new delivery service is a disaster waiting to happen . . .
Amazon drones: nine ways it could go horribly wrong - Telegraph

You also don't need a shotgun to take them down, a high powered slingshot with lots of BBs would work too and you don't have the problem of gun noise giving away what you're doing. :p

Bob Diaz

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
I love the comment where the guy said he could go skeet shooting and never leave his home...:D
Next thing, the big 3 automakers be announcing production of George Jetson vehicles...:cool:

Barney... deposit on George Jetson smart craft...:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
The day will come when they drop off a smart car right to your door step and your curious neighbor and his dog will be decapitated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts