Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ambient temperature reading -356. Does anyone know if this will affect performance or starting issues? Will not start unless pluged in even in summer. Tried New turbo, new glow plugs & sensor, new battery

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bump.
451 showing - - on the cluster instead of outside temp and A/C doesn’t engage therefore no cool air here in the south. I’ve searched all over this forum and googled all I can think of to find anything to do with the exterior temp sensor and it’s ties with the A/C system in the 451. If anyone could give any info on this your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
17,476 Posts
OP never stated if 450 or 451. If your car is a 451 the A/C will not run if the temp (real or indicted) is below 45 degrees or so. My guess is the outside air temp sensor is bad. :)
Tried New turbo, new glow plugs & sensor, new battery.
This bit would also mean OP is driving a diesel, which without a location is an even greater shot in the dark.

Reactions: jwight

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
OP never stated if 450 or 451. If your car is a 451 the A/C will not run if the temp (real or indicted) is below 45 degrees or so. My guess is the outside air temp sensor is bad. :)
Like most vehicles. Doesn't the smart cars AC compressor, function. When you use the defrost setting. Why below 45 degrees in the winter time.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Most cars , the AC will run during the defrost cycle. I would think smart works the same way. Defrost cycle is different than the a/c cycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts