Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
The 451 is basically the same. some minor differences in the instrument panel and the European had cruise on the earlier models. Europe had a more basic model than the Pure too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Dont forget the turbo, mhd, and cdi versions. Oh an the brabus engine is actually tunned by brabus.

None of these are available in the USA not to mention all the different color combos.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There's also the 'Pulse' model, it has a different lower valance kit and a turbo ratede a 84ps, then there's the new Micro Hybrid Drive system, don't forget all 4 Brabus 451 models are turbocharged, 'Exclusive' rated @ 94ps, 'Ultimate 112' rated @ 112ps, which is now replaced by the 'Ultimate 120', and my favorite the 'Ultimate R' rated @ 158ps.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Here is the answer I got a while back from the master himself:

complete powertrain is different, engine, gearbox, mufflers, catalysator....

Of coure they share some good common parts with other, but are still different.

Keshyathree

PS: btw powertrain is not the only difference between them.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Some minor differences include:
Exterior: different rims, 1 reverse light and 1 fog light in the back, no reflector inside the headlights.
Interior: different shifter and some models don't have a glove box. Instrument cluster in kms.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
owners manual in a different language (some) steering wheel on the other side..

kind of a wide open question, since they have been over there since 2000, there should be a lot of different models, and with the restrictive import policies of the US, cost alone would dictate only a few models be available here. i assume you meant a "European Pure vs a US Pure" etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
owners manual in a different language (some) steering wheel on the other side..
I will be renting one in Spain next month with Sixt rent a car. What should I expect? A bare -no ac, no power windows/locks or no radio? Or maybe something equivalent to a Passion?:confused:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I would assume that Sixt will give you the specifications available and that you can choose the car you prefer. Smart, or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would assume that Sixt will give you the specifications available and that you can choose the car you prefer. Smart, or not.
They only say its Automatic and a 2 passenger car(duh) Sometimes when u call this companies I guess they are not even near the cars.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I went to the Sixt website for the Madrid airport station and found the following details for the Smart:

Category details:
Equipment

2 doors
Air conditioning
Automatic shift
Sat Nav bookable

Capacity

2 passengers
2 piece(s) of hand luggage

All you had to do was click on the car's illustration.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Sixt will probably try to "upgrade" you to a Fiesta.

When I was in Europe last, we prebooked a Peugeot 207 CC with Sixt but were offered a MINI cabriolet.......

No way, we got the 207 CC after some complaints.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sixt will probably try to "upgrade" you to a Fiesta.

When I was in Europe last, we prebooked a Peugeot 207 CC with Sixt but were offered a MINI cabriolet.......

No way, we got the 207 CC after some complaints.
Well I hope they won't do that to me. I need an automatic for my GF so they best find me one if the smart is not available....I prebooked a month in advance.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Europe had a more basic model than the Pure too.
AFAIK, there is not a more basic model than the Pure. The basic line-up is Pure, Pulse and Passion. Pure being the "basic" model, Pulse being the "sporty" model and Passion being the "up-scale" model.

Regards,

Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts