Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
There's also the 'Pulse' model, it has a different lower valance kit and a turbo ratede a 84ps, then there's the new Micro Hybrid Drive system, don't forget all 4 Brabus 451 models are turbocharged, 'Exclusive' rated @ 94ps, 'Ultimate 112' rated @ 112ps, which is now replaced by the 'Ultimate 120', and my favorite the 'Ultimate R' rated @ 158ps.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Here is the answer I got a while back from the master himself:

complete powertrain is different, engine, gearbox, mufflers, catalysator....

Of coure they share some good common parts with other, but are still different.

Keshyathree

PS: btw powertrain is not the only difference between them.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Some minor differences include:
Exterior: different rims, 1 reverse light and 1 fog light in the back, no reflector inside the headlights.
Interior: different shifter and some models don't have a glove box. Instrument cluster in kms.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
owners manual in a different language (some) steering wheel on the other side..

kind of a wide open question, since they have been over there since 2000, there should be a lot of different models, and with the restrictive import policies of the US, cost alone would dictate only a few models be available here. i assume you meant a "European Pure vs a US Pure" etc.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I went to the Sixt website for the Madrid airport station and found the following details for the Smart:

Category details:
Equipment

2 doors
Air conditioning
Automatic shift
Sat Nav bookable

Capacity

2 passengers
2 piece(s) of hand luggage

All you had to do was click on the car's illustration.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Sixt will probably try to "upgrade" you to a Fiesta.

When I was in Europe last, we prebooked a Peugeot 207 CC with Sixt but were offered a MINI cabriolet.......

No way, we got the 207 CC after some complaints.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sixt will probably try to "upgrade" you to a Fiesta.

When I was in Europe last, we prebooked a Peugeot 207 CC with Sixt but were offered a MINI cabriolet.......

No way, we got the 207 CC after some complaints.
Well I hope they won't do that to me. I need an automatic for my GF so they best find me one if the smart is not available....I prebooked a month in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.